New and need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and need help

I foiund this web site and the book by accident and could use some help.

I have not even read the book...am going to buy it after work today.

I drink way too many beers daily..hide them etc and am sick of it...I want to stop drinking but I like how it feels...until I have to sober up for my wife etc near days end....and have tried AA and other programs with no good results.

I have stopped many times before just from my own strength and always start back up at a later date.

What do I do first with this program??

Thank you all!

Pete

New and need help

Hi Pete,

The first thing to do is to read the book. That will help you decide if this program is right for you.
    I did that, then floated on this site and read for about a month before I bought the supplements and CD's.
    One thing I have learned is, you will never be alone in your journey with this site as backup and support.
    Good luck, Pete
    I'll look for your posts.

Comment

New and need help

Got the book..but late last night...will read over the weekend

Is there something I need to do to get responses here?

Was worried cause nobody had responded before you

Thanks!

Pete

Comment

New and need help

Just read the threads to see if there's a response. Welcome by the way!!

Marcie

Comment

New and need help

New and Need Help

Hi Pete,

You asked if there was something you needed to do to get responses.
          Hard to know. Showing a little leg won't cut it, eh?
          Sorry, couldn't resist.
          Sometimes I don't get a lot of response, but what I do get is great.
          If there is something specific you want to talk about, ie: topomax etc, you can look for a thread already started and your answer may already be there - or start your own.
          Have a good weekend - they can be tough, I know. I just stocked up on a 12 of near beer.
          See ya, Helen

Comment

New and need help

I read this yesterday and started to respond, but I'm not sure I have a good answer.

I didn't get the book but read everything on the website, and then read all of the posts. I did internet research on all the supplements mentioned, decided which ones I would try, and bought them. I also don't have the CDs but might get them later.

I had trouble the first few days and kept drinking even though I was reading and taking the supplements, although I don't think I was drinking as much. One thing that helped me was to go to chat and talk to people there.

Three days after I started the program, I found the perfect solution for quitting. I had an accident and broke my foot and am now laid up in bed and there's no question of whether or not I'll drink. I can't! I can't go get it for myself, and I doubt anyone would bring me a six-pack and plunk it down on the bed beside me!

Even though it's drastic, it seems like I took the easy way out because the decision was made for me.

Good luck and the best advice I can give you is to listen to the ones who have done the program the way it should be done: read the book, go to your doctor if possible and ask for the Topa or one of the other Rx's, take the supplements, listen to the CDs and don't stop coming here for support.

Comment

New and need help

Pokey,
              Don't leave the program behind even though you are laid up. I though the same thing as in the decision was made for me when I found out about the Hep. I did good for a while, but now, I'm back into the same habits.

Marcie

Comment

New and need help

Thanks to everyone....

I will show a little leg....or whatever it takes!..just let me know!

Will be reading over the weekend...I am just so unsure about how to "stop"

Pete

Comment

New and need help

Stop

Stop it Pete u r turning me on.................

Comment

New and need help

Re: Stop

You flatter me...I appreciate it!

Comment

New and need help

Although I do have nice legs!

Just that my willpower is messed up...

Comment

New and need help

Pete and Marcie, get a room!! LOL!!

Marcie, I will most certainly be staying around. I know myself well enough to know that I will become so confident and smug and think nothing will mess me up -- then my leg will heal and I'll drive straight to the store for beer. I am determined for that not to happen though; am still taking my Kudzu and l-Glut (and also GABA), will continue to read the boards and go to chat. I am hoping that these first two weeks with nothing will prove to me that I *can* do it and most of the habit will be broken. However, time will tell.

Comment

New and need help

Hi Pete!

I hope you are feeling more responded to! I think that after you read the book this weekend you will feel much more knowedgable about things, although probably a little overwhelmed, too, at least at first. I would like to encourage you to do as many aspects of the program as you can afford to do--money has been an issue for some people, as getting together the supplements and the CD's can add up, although so does the alcohol! Many people have successfully done the program without either topa or campral, although my personal feeling is that topamax is a wonder drug !

Many people take a few weeks to get all the stuff together as they keep reading and posting and getting themselves into the right frame of mind to begin. I personally think that is important, although others have certainly leapt right in and done fine. It is important to be thoughtful and do what is right for you!

Anyway, I hope that you fiind MWO to be a supportive encouraging place and welcome. I look forward to seeing more of you on the board!

Take care,
                          Kathy

Comment

New and need help

Re: Hi Pete!

I have read about half the book and am excited...and yet depressed because I feel like I am such a screw up.

I plan to order Topa from an offshore place and really want to get the CD's too.

I am curious as well because while I have been drinking most of my adult life..I am 43...I never thought of myself as having alcohol cravings. So today I paid careful attention to myself and even though I have drank today (more embarrasment)...I have stopped for a couple hours or so and sure enough...I want a beer really bad.

So I am very curious about the Topa...and I know I am talking out of turn becase I have not finished the book yet. But I pray and hope I have the strength to follow through with everything and that it works for me.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                            X