Sun. - April 27 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I am up quite early but did get a full night's sleep...it's been a while since I could say that. I'm feeling strong & determined. There's nothing that will convince me that I need a drink today. Staying sober & not drinking is my main goal, because without that I cannot be happy.

My husband is getting better every day. He definitely went through a lot w/that surgery, but it's all uphill from here. I'll check in later. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Good Morning Abbers,

Mary, isn't real sleep so wonderful? At our age, it can be elusive and so much sweeter for it!! I am glad to hear your hubby is healing and coming back strong. Plop down with him a bit today and just relax yourself. Mine is never in bed during the day and when he is sick or healing, I love to just sit next to him and hold his hand. I don't get that very often and it is so special when I do.

Det, I hope you are doing okay all by your lonesome. I was glad to hear Dx was enjoying her girl time away. Tell her "hi."

Everyone else, have a wonderfully relaxed and AF Sunday. That way tomorrow will be a much brighter Monday.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mary
      Keep your aim at the top of that hill!!..I know you have had a rough couple of months with babysitting, the flu bug hitting the family, hubby's surgery and recovery, and dealing with AL. I am hoping that you can take so "Mary" time and go back to doing the things you enjoy....One of the obstacles I am still working on conquering (and finding a bit of a challange), is taking me time, and learning to say no. I have taken a few baby steps forward, but I still feel like I am the bad guy...and get that guilty feeling....I am progressing, but just can't seem to get myself to that place. I need to be careful, cause the beast is always lurking when I get that "poor me" attitude.....I too, will do whatever it takes to keep my aim at the top of that hill!!
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hey Cindi
        Cross post!!....Enjoy your visit with Adrianne today, keep us posted.......Everyone to follow, have a great Sunday!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I am off to the city. Shakespeare's birthday celebration at the Folger. 3 of 4 girls wants to go which means the 7 year old just has to tag along. We spent years running around London - today we'll show them DC.

Went to dinner with husb last night - place was crowded (prom night) we ended up eating at the BAR. I had to sit there and pretend to be enthralled by the baseball game while bartender poured drinks a few feet away and neighbors raved about the martinis. ARGH!!! Husband so clueless didn't know this might actually bother me. I am grateful for his cluelessness...told you I hid my drinking really well

Mary, glad to hear things are looking up for you. Avoiding the booze can be a challenge. Be well.

Cindi, nice that you will be visiting your daughter.

Char, I am looking forward to some "me" time...love to do stuff with the kids but I haven't been able to run in a week. so ridiculously busy. Today all planned. Tomorrow - 2 nd coat of paint on living room and two soccer games at night...maybe Tuesday.

Hello to all to come...
          Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Good morning abbers!!

Cindi, sounds like daughter is doing better???? (i have been spotty here and missing a lot of chat)

Mary, glad hubby is healing and do take time for you.

Det, we had quakes is the mid-west earlier last week....it is definitely odd and unnerving. Don't think I could ever liver comfortably in Cali. Hope you singular time goes quickly!!

Charlee, you certainly give wise advice. Have a great day.

Been super busy here, makes for easy sobriety. Traveled for soccer yesterday, more soccer today and baseball... it's never ending and I love it! The kids are my motivation. I never ever want them to think my former behavior is normal. Today is day 29.

Best to all you abbers to come.

On my way
            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi ya there Beck...we cross posted, hope you have a great day with the girls!! And get a run in too.

On my way
              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Yes Cindi: I'm anxious to hear how Adrienne is doing in rehab. Once the detox takes place, the real work probably begins i.e. staying away from alcohol. I've quit trying to figure out why something that makes me feel so rotten physically, emotionally, & spiritually can be so tempting. I just know that one goal I mentioned earlier (I WON'T drink) is something I have to have on the top of my priority list.

And yes, I've been doing a lot of fussing over my husband. He's been so low-key about this whole thing but I think enjoying the extra attention. Our friends & family have been absolutely fabulous. Even our puppy knows something is different.

Char: I don't think I'll ever put myself first, because I really do enjoy doing things for others. I have to find a balance & not drive myself to exhaustion. That's when I feel the need for something to help me "relax." With my husband's illness, surgery, & recovery, we've had some time away from the tots. It's been restorative in a way. As much as we miss them, I couldn't stay & play w/them the other day (after the surgery). It would have been too much for me. They're doing fine & learning to appreciate us all the more.

Thank you all here at this wonderful thread for helping me see what my priorities have to be.

Love, Mary

PS: Janice: Again, great going on reaching the 60 day goal. When one person in a family makes a change, the whole family dynamic changes. You'll see. Anyhow, I know your Dad is smiling down on you right now. I can't help saying that I really love the adult daughter/father relationship. I see it w/my husband & our 34 year old daughter. It's heart-warming. Neither of them is particularly demonstrative, but the love is very deep. M
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

17 days AF. I went to a wedding and reception last night, another great test (which I passed). Leaving to day for a business trip. It will be difficult, but I am resolved to not drink. I will have my laptop along and hope to post daily.

Good news about your husband Mary. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Comment

Hi everyone....a quick post today, not had much time the last few days and have missed my "me" time on MWO!!

Mohun, you are doing just great on 17 AF days, well done!! I had a couple of wedding receptions early on in my sobriety.....Day 3 and then round about Day 25, it sure is a big test....all those toasts to the bride & groom!!!

Beck, sounds like you were also put to the test last night, well done for getting through it!!

Hope everyone is good and having a lovely weekend....weather here could be better today but still managed to get out and do a bit of gardening....like you say Want, its great therapy!! Went to a lovely garden show yesterday and came back with a car boot full of new plants!!!!

love to all you special people who I am lucky to be able to call, my friends.

Janicexxx:l
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Just a quickie, to say hi to everyone. Had a bit of a strange day, but I'm ok and not had any probs with AL. I've been extremely tired all day, I even had a sleep this afternoon. My eyes are struggling to stay open now. weird
                      Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. See you all tomorrow when hopefully I'll be able to keep my eyes open

love
                      want
                      :h
                      xx
                      AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                      There's fire in your eyes,
                      Bite me, excite me,
                      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                      Brings eternal flame.
                      Open me to heaven,
                      To heal me again.

Comment

it will be all that gardening Want.......caught up with you. Take special care of yourself this evening. You're doing just great....hang in there, listen to your body and rest up.

love Janicexxx
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Happy Sunday ABadingos!

glad to see all me pals hanging fast to their sobriety me too and I'm pretty darn happy about that.

Cindi, yes thanks I'm keeping busy doing lots of fun things...yesterday did a machine gun shoot all day (getting a nice tan) and we had an absolute ball!!!!!!

Beck this really struck a funny chord with me: pretend to be enthralled by the baseball game while bartender poured drinks a few feet away and neighbors raved about the martinis. ARGH!!!

as a guy I'm supposed to actually like those crappy places....not!!!! they are so icky. and yes the smell of booze at the bar speaks for itself. Glad you made it!

well, one thing about being alone is I can make food 911 spicy just the way I like it. definately cleans out the system.

ok, off to peel garlic for breakfast. Be well friends!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Everyone. It's a cold rainy day here. Glad to hear your husband is on the mend and you are sounding strong Mary. Hi to everyone, sounds like you are all doing pretty good today, glad to hear that. Have to run off to my second baseball game. Be Well everyone and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
                            NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                            AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in as I dont get near the computer much at week-ends. Great to see everybody doing so well. Lots of positive vibes. Delighted your husbands surgery went ok Mary. Cindi, I hope you enjoy your visit to your daughter.

Seems lots of us have problems with me time. I come from a dysfunctional family and am having psychotherapy at the moment. I have learned that I was trained to be a self-sacrificer and people pleaser, the caretaker role. I never learned to develop the real me. Being over responsible gives me the illusion of being in control. I need to learn to say NO. Just thought I would pass that on. I find it really interesting and am beginning to understand myself much more as a result. Its not enough to stop drinking, I need to find out what it is in me that makes me want to numb things out. Its certainly nothing in my current life, so I need to dig back into my past. Not very pleasant but I'm hopeful.

Day 28 for me so nearing the end of another month. Will be staying very close to the boards over the next few days. Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                              X