Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

I have read the wonderful things on this site. They all sound too good to be true. I am a teacher, wife, mother of three and a soccer coach. I started drinking eight years ago to find relief in the stressful life that I lead. Now, I can't stop! I look forward to drinking in the evening and can not sleep if I don't drink. My husband, who once encouraged my drinking says that he is now embarrased by it. I have tried AA, only to find several of my at risk students in attendance because they were court ordered. I was also informed by the administration of the school that I work for that I was noticed at the meetings and it was not appropriate for me to be there.
    So, in an alcohol fog, I ask for help. I don't know what else to do. Please help anyway that you can.

Help

This is not too good to be true. The people here are real and they are also struggling. We are here for you, we will do the best we can to support you. This is an open forum for you to find YOUR way out of the mess we all share.

Feel free to message me privately if you want to. Just click on my user name and then click "Send a message".

I hope you find the help you need here. I know I did. You are not alone.

Welcome

--T

Comment

Help

JodyJ-
      Temple is right, it's NOT too good to be true. I had been drinking heavy for a long time when I found MWO. The results I have experienced have exceeded my expectations. There is so much support available on this site and much to be learned from others who have made the program work for them.

You'll find many who have very similar experiences to yours. It's a safe place to share and get feedback. Hope you find what you are looking for. I can't say enough about the program.

Grace

Comment

Help

help

it's 5 am and today i'm starting my third day of sobriety.i've lost much to drinking.This site is my daily meeting with sobriety,sometimes i come here 3 to 4 times a day because i need to and you know what, it works!So before you pick up ,come check us out! good luck martin

Comment

Help

Hi and Welcome.

I used alcohol as a sleeping aid (amongst a long list of other things!) for many years and just the thought of trying to get to sleep without it was like injecting caffeine into my eyeballs but it really wasn't as bad as I expected. I had one night of restlessness after which I was in bed by 9.30, exhausted!

I'm 4 weeks sober now and I have absolutely no problems with my sleep patterns or dropping off. It was something that contributed to my list of reasons to drink for so long and it's only now I realise it wasn't as big a deal as my head was making it (I have a feeling it will be the first of many).

Anyway, sorry for babbling! This is just my experience. I just wanted to set your mind at rest- your sleep pattern is one of the first things to sort itself out!

--Michelle x

Comment

Help

Welcome to the site. Please read the posts as they will really help you. SOunds like you are in the same boat as many of and privacy is a big concern fo a lot of people. This program really works so please get the book and jump right in.

Yvonne

Comment

Help

I really feel for you. I agree that privacy is very important. You must have been devastated at seeing your students at the meeting. You sound like my story to some degree. My husband too has become embarassed by my drinking at times. The problem is I'm not sure which time will be the moment. There are a lot of great stories here and no one seems shocked at what they hear. We have all done and said things that are totally out there. You picked a good place to start. AA is not for everyone. I too, visit this site a few times during the day.

If you have kids or others that use your computer and you don't want them to see what your doing be sure to clear out your history. A woman that used this as her support stopped because her daughter saw what she was doing in her history. It was an eyeopener for me. I couldn't believe the detail in the history section. It allows people to see everything. I now clear it each time I log out of this site. It might sound a little paranoid but I really do need privacy if this is going to work.

Good luck to you and happy chatting.

TTFN

Comment

Help

Help please

Hi Jody,
                Yes, it really works. The support available on this site is enormous and deeply sincere. And - PRIVATE.
                That was always my concern. I live in a small town and everyone knows who goes to AA and it is remarked upon.
                Check out the book - keep reading and posting.
                We're here.
                Helen

Comment

Working...
                X