Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 28th April

Hi everyone

Janice - Well done on 60 days AF that's brilliant - you should be so proud!

Retteacher - The worst part is over now - I had a brush with this horrible disease just over a year ago - not only was it hard for me to deal with but for my husband and family too - they were so strong for me - you're doing brilliantly xx

Want - you sound really happy - I laughed at that hungover "smilie" you posted it made me giggle.

Well my weekend was the same as ever - you guessed it - I gave in again. Very disappointed with myself - feel very down today - (that's probably partly to do with the alcohol wearing off). I hope everyone is not losing patience with me - I'm definately not looking for sympathy I'm responsible for my own downfalls!!

I know now what needs to be done for me to be successful - I need to change my weekend lifestyle or I'm never going to crack this horrible cycle. Our whole circle of friends and family do one thing on a weekend and that's drink! Next week we are going away for the weekend with our biggest drinking friends - I just feel trapped at the moment -
    can anybody relate to this?

I hope you will all be patient with me - I do really love coming on this site and did consider not posting today but felt I needed to - hope you all have a nice day xx

Monday 28th April

Hi Seen and all to come

The important thing is that you came back Seen and are willing to keep trying. Most of us here have struggled, done well and then slipped. Some like Chief, Kathy etc. seem to be well on the road. My aim is to catch up with them, they are my inspirations. Speaking of inspirations, well done Janice, I've posted on another thread to you. You should be so proud of yourself.

Mary, hope your husband is doing well. Cindi, hope you had a nice visit with your daughter. Everyone else have a great week.

Rustop

Comment

Monday 28th April

hi ya, i hope u both are doing well, dont worry about having that slip, just remeber its another day and u can start again.

its day 59 AF only 1 more day till my big day

hope everyone else who comes along is good.

take care everyone.

Comment

Monday 28th April

Hi Everyone: Just want to let everyone know I'm doing OK. I have to take my husband to the hosp for a follow-up X-ray. He's on the mend. I'm staying sober. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 28th April

Good Morning Abbers!!

I survived the weekend camping with the Scouts and it is amazing to think last year at that same outing I had a water bottle filled with Vodka! What a mess! I am looking forward to another AF week and hope everyone has a great day today!
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Monday 28th April

morning everyone. Just a quick note as I am off to a meeting. 18 days AF although quite a test yesterday. I got bumped up to business class on my flight (free booze). Everyone around me is drinking wine and double scotches and I am trapped. Anyway, I passed another test.

Glad to hear your husband is recovering Mary.

Congrats to everyone else.

Comment

Monday 28th April

Good Morning Everyone,

Raining here today, looks like soccer will be canceled tonight!! Love watching the kids play but this being in 2 places at once thing is wearing on me.

Yesterday at the Shakespeare fest they gave everyone who walked in the door a "fortune" on a little piece of paper-mine said "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale? (Twelfth Night, II, 3). Made me smile.

Have a sick child today - so now I'm trapped in the house and I'm going to have to clean.

Mohun, That was great - turning down free booze on a plane!!! Really impressive

Seen, sounds like you will have to change your weekend routine. This is something you can do if you want sobriety bad enough. Good for coming back today. Staying away doesn't seem to be the answer.

4tB, nice to be rid of the vodka in a water bottle, isn't it? I was always afraid one of my kids would drink it. This is truly a better way to live.

Mary, Bbones, RU, glad you are all well!

Off to tend to my sickly 7 year old,
              Beck
              Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Monday 28th April

Morning All,

I'm staying home from work today as I am still in a fair bit of back pain and I can't focus on one thing for more than a few minutes at a time. Hopefully later I'll feel better and I can read all the posts I missed over the weekend. Day 14 AF for me today.

-lorelei
                Suddenly I see
                This is what I want to be
                suddenly I see
                Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Monday 28th April

Hi Everyone. Kids are back in school from vacation so am putting this house back together
                  and actually enjoying the peace and quiet here. I am trying to put together my resume. I haven't worked in ten years ( cannot believe it has been that long) and really need to get a job. I have to admit that I am a bit anxious about the whole process but I really need to bite the bullet and just get started.
                  Seen- Don't feel like you are alone in your struggle. I have slipped countless number of times until I was able to put a little time together. This is a very difficult process and it is so difficult to get to the point where you can consistently resist AL. I think though that each time you slip and get back up and keep trying you get a little bit stronger. You might not feel like that right now, but the strength is cummulative and before you know it you will feel a little different and a little stronger and it will keep building. But you can't let yourself get dragged down with feeling like you keep failing. Don't look back. Keep going forward. I can say for myself that it took a long time and many ups and downs but I just kept trying and I am pretty much shocked at how good I feel right now. I'm only approaching 60 days so I am no expert, but I never thought I 'd get this far. That is very very difficult to be with drinking people. The only thing that I found that helped was that I had to go into the situation with absolute resolve that I wasn't going to drink. If I let myself wonder even a little if I could do it I didn't have chance. Take next weekend a little chunk at a time. Don't get overwhelmed thinking of the entire time you have to get through. Hang in there. Remember- you can do this !
                  Mohun- Wow that must have been difficult with the freeAL around you. Great Job - you should be proud of yourself!
                  Reteacher-Glad to hear your husband is on the mend and you are doing well.
                  4TheBoyz- Welcome back. I'm sure your boys loved spending that time with you !
                  Barebones- Hi- we are almost to 60, great job!
                  Rustop- Hi, hope you are doing well. What you said to Seen is so true- the important thing is to come back and keep trying.
                  Hello to all to come. Be Well and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
                  NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                  AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Monday 28th April

Mohun, great job on the first class flight. I have been able to avoid the free booze only a couple of times on those flights. It is amazing how much better I feel when I land if I don't drink. Hmmm...maybe a lesson there for me.
                    Love and Peace,
                    Phil
                    Love and Peace,
                    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Monday 28th April

Seen: I am in the same boat as you are. I've been slipping regularly lately. I'm taking to heart with what Aqua says: Pick yourself up & try again. This is not always a linear process. There are slips along the way. However, I'm not giving up, & the fact that we can come here & get encouragement & support is of upmost importance. Even when I do slip, I don't feel the same as I used to. The accumulation of AF days since I joined MWO in April of '07 is much greater than the accumulation of days I've slipped. I know in my heart that I'm going to become total non-drinker some day. I just know it. I actually feel very strong today even though my husband had a little bit of a set-back. I'm not going to let that cause me to drink. He's going to be fine.

Mondays are significant days to begin anew. Additionally, on Thursday a whole new month is starting. I'm going to look at a totally AF month of May & will finish April AF. I keep DrinkTracker accurately so that I can be honest w/myself & all my friends at MWO. That works as a motivator for me.

Recently I read one of Young at Heart's stories about her time here at MWO. She had an up & down first year. Now, she's looking at one whole sober year! I take heart from that.

Keep your chin up. Love, Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 28th April

good morning

Well, it is a little late in the am, but still morning just the same!

Everyone sounds good, Slips are just part of the process of going for the AF status, we can strive for "progress, not perfection", that way we don't beat ourselves up so badly (at least that is what I have found!)

All of you here, I hope you are well. I care about all of you,

Truly,:l:h

Mary Anne:h
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Monday 28th April

Hi everyone....the start of a new week and not long until the start of a new month!!!

Seen, look on those weekend slips as part of your longterm sobriety - you are learning from them - like you say, you need to do something about your weekend routine, you'll get there, just don't give up and most importantly, don't stop posting. Thats the beginning of the end if you stop posting and you'll be back on that slippery slope. Plan ahead for your weekend with friends - if you don't feel you can tell them that you're just not drinking then make any excuse....eg you're on anti-biotics or you're driving.

Rustop, you're not doing too bad yourself - 30 days coming up isn't it???
                          Barebones & Aqua, I know you're right behind me with 60 days tomorrow.....be proud of yourselves:goodjob:

Mohun, I don't know if many people could have done what you have lately... the wedding and now the free booze on your flight......you are certainly showing AL what you think of him and are a real inspiration on this thread

Lorelei, Day 14 - brilliant, just think you're nearly halfway to that 30 day milestone, you CAN do this!!!

To everyone else, Mary, 4thboyz, Beck, Cowgal, Det, Cindi......have a great day!!

Janice:l
                          xxx
                          AF since 9 May 2012
                          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Monday 28th April

Happy hangover-free Monday ABworld!!!

BAC=Zero

Seenthelight....last year after my trip to detox following a horrid bender Dx and I went to our first dinner with friends. we got there and they announced they had a special treat "just for me" and opened an award winning $400.00 bottle of wine. I almost dropped dead. I was sure that the gods really had it in for me. i stayed strong during the very very long dinner. Everyone but me was drinking the wine and the aroma was incredibly intense. Dx held my hand under the table and I gritted my teeth for 3 hours. I was so nervous that I was sweating. when we finally got home I was so relieved and so exhausted from mental fatigue. so..... I hope your weekend is easier than that one was!!! and even if it's hard you CAN do it

Phil, nice to see you here again.

be well friends!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday 28th April

Seen: I too have stayed AF at parties where the booze is flowing. In particular, I have one friend who sets up a bar table w/bottles of wines & spirits. She always instructs us to "help ourselves." It hasn't been easy to stay away from that table, but when I do, the evening is so much better. After a while (I hope), booze won't seem like a "treat" any more. Mary
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X