Weight Loss - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss - Week 3

Hmmmm... I really thought this thread would be up this morning already. Is everyone doing ok on their weight loss goals?

I'm confused but I think I know part of the answer. I weighed myself on Friday morning just out of curiosity and was down 3 pounds from Monday. Over the weekend I worked like a dog - we started a major backyard renovation so all three of us were out there hauling and digging and shoveling. We removed 3 pick up truck loads of landscaping from the backyard. My muscles are tired and sore. I also walked the 7.5 mile March for Babies for the March of Dimes on Saturday morning. I ate quite a bit but 90% South Beach approved. This morning I am UP 1.5 from last Monday. So from Friday morning to today a gain of 4.5 pounds!

With all that exercise I thought I'd lose 10 pounds (slight exaggeration). But I am also dehydrated from working in the sun and I seem to remember someone telling me once that when you do a major work out and you haven't been that your muscles tear and fill with water to recover . . . or somethign like that. They said after a major workout your weight can go up for a bit while the muscles heal.

I'm going to buy that answer because I know the strenuous exercise felt great and I hope I'll see that drop off in a day or two. I'll be drinking extra water too.

Had pistacio encrusted chicken on salad last night - it was delicious! Love those South Beach recipes.
    Member since January 2008
    AF since August 25, 2008

Weight Loss - Week 3

Good morning Tired--I forgot to weigh in this a.m., but I'm retaining fluid right now anyway if you know what I mean. And although I worked hard this weekend,I ate a lot of bad things also! Potluck dinner at church yesterday!

I don't always trust that scale, better to go by how your clothes fit!

I know it's time consuming, but maybe you could post some of your SB diet recipes on the recipe thread? That chicken sounds wonderful!

The weatherman says it's going to be nice this week, so I'm going to make time for walking and i'm going to eat better!!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Weight Loss - Week 3

Holy cow I lost 5 lbs since Fri. So eight total in 2 weeks.

Comment

Weight Loss - Week 3

I weighed myself this morning, I've only lost 1lb, I'm not happy about it I've stuck to the diet 100%, work really hard all week in my garden, I mean like a landscape gardener:exclaim:, and only lost 1lb, whats that all about.:argh: Having said that I'm retaining fluid also, I can put on 3 to 5 lbs at that time of the month, so next week I want to have lost at least 5lbs.

I've still got quite a bit of gardening to do but most of the really strenuous stuff is finished, so I want to try and get some good walks in.

Interesting about the muscle water thing. I need to drink more water.

Dolly, well done 8lbs in 2wks is brilliant :goodjob:
        AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
        There's fire in your eyes,
        Bite me, excite me,
        I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
        Brings eternal flame.
        Open me to heaven,
        To heal me again.

Comment

Weight Loss - Week 3

I'm going to weigh in Friday, that gives me 2 days to get my butt in gear!!:H
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
          X