Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Newbie....can I still take Effexor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered the big kit with everything...not sure yet if I will need the Top (do you think?) and if any of this with conflict with Effexor? Any input?

Looking forward to joining you guys.....I hope this is the answer to my prayers!

Thanks!

Somebody in the thread right above this asked the same question and I posted a reply. But I am on Effexor-XR, 150 mg and taking Topamax, currently at 75 mg plus all the supplements. I am not having any problem at all. I ordered my Topamax overseas, but I did read on another post/ thread that it is safe to take Effexor with Topamax. My doctor did however prescribe me Campral and said it was fine to take with Effexor, the Campral just did not work for me.

Hope this helps!

Allie

Comment

I'm getting ready to start the program and I take effexor xr 75mg, glad to hear there are no interactions.

I would like to ask the effexor users if that drug seemed to enhance drinking for you.

I started taking effexor 5 years ago for social anxiety and drinking became more enjoyable, now I drink almost everyday, and need to stop.

When trying to quit I normally go mon-weds and by thurs I reason my way back to drinking, similar to how I had problems quitting smoking 10 years ago.

Comment

It was interesting to me that you mentioned taking efexor 5 years ago for social anxiety because I also started taking effexor 4 yrsago for social anxiety and oddly enough that was when I really started drinking uncontrollably. I have often asked myself if taking the effexor has contributed to my drinking problem. In fact I have been thinking of asking the doctor to change my perscription to another. I currently am taking 225 mg. which apparently is the max dosage. I haven't started the program yet as I am still waiting for all the supplements and vitamins and such. I can't wait to get started though. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Working...
        X