South Beach Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Beach Recipes

Someone asked for a recipe I mentioned and I thought I'd start a thread to share recipes. I'll try to remember to share new ones I try and others do the same.
    Member since January 2008
    AF since August 25, 2008

South Beach Recipes

Chicken Pistacho Salad

1/2 cup shelled pistacio nuts, finely ground
    salt
    pepper
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    2 tbs olive oil
    1/2 cup diced sweet onion
    1 head of romaine lettuce

Dressing
    1 tsp grated sweet onion
    1 large ripe avocado pitted and peeled
    3 tbs olive oil
    3 tbs lime juice
    5 tbs water

Preheat oven to 375. Mix nuts in a pie plate with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Press the chicken breasts into the nut mixture.
    Heat 1 tbs of oil in skillet and cook the coated breasts about 2 minutes per side to sear and toast nuts.
    Place breasts in a baking dish coated with spray and bake 15 minutes or until done.

To make dressing, puree onion, avocado, oil, lime juice and water in blender.

Heat oil in skillet. Add diced onion, salt and pepper. Cook until onion is browned.

Line plates with lettuce. Slice chicken breasts over lettuce. Top with onions. Serve with dressing.

My notes: I used a bag of salad mix and also added slices of tomato, cuke and colorful peppers. I also had used my avocado for something else so I just used a bottled Pear Champagne dressing on the salad.
    Member since January 2008
    AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

South Beach Recipes

Thank you so much for this tired. Sounds yummy!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
      X