Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 29th April

Morning everyone,

Woke up with a clear head this morning - feels good.

On My Way - 30 days today
    Barebones and Aqua -60 days today (please tell me I've got this right!)

What a brilliant achievement! Hope you're gonna all treat yourselves today xxx

Thankyou for all your kind words yesterday it really helps. I'm thinking of a plan to get me through the weekend - it's up to me nobody can force me to drink - I've just got to beat the voices in my head when they start. I've just got to think how good I will feel by Monday if I succeed.

On my way - your list proves just what this is all about - loved reading it x

Determinator - loved the story about the $400 bottle of wine - what a bloody awful predicament to be in!! great you came through it

Retteacher, Cindi, Janice and all the others I have missed - have a great Tuesday xxxx

Tuesday 29th April

Just popping in quickly.....I'm up early and organised for work so thought I would check in although I will be back on later to read everyone's posts. A big congratulations to Barebones & Aqua - 60 days!!!! It feels great doesn't it!!

Love to everyone - have a great day, and I'll see you all later.

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

aww thank u seen the light, yes u have it right for me and aqua

and im glad u woke up with a clear head, it does make a diffrence, good luck to u hun.

congrats on my way for 30 days!

hope everyone has a good morning and day. ((hugs)) to all

60 days AF woohoo onto 90 days.

oh and here is a new one, i am 1 day SF hehe

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Hi everyone

Congratulations Barebones and Aqua on the big 60. Loved the list On my Way, it so applied to me. No harm reminding ourselves. Well done on the 30 days. I'm on Day 30 again, no big wow as I have done it a few times over the last six months. The challenge this time will be to keep going. Here's to an AF May.

Rustop

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

RU - 30 Days is great - even if you have to use the word "again" to describe it

Aqua and Bbones - 60 days!!!!!! Congrats. You have both been so strong.

We sure have a lot of success here.

Now to get my kids to school,back later
          Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Hi Everyone. Yes, day 60 today. It feels great! Thank you so much everyone for the congratulations. I really don't think I could be doing this if it weren't for all of you. So a big thank you and hug to all of you! Congrats Barebones- on to the next 30 days together!
            Rustop- Congratulations on Day 30! Everytime you reach that goal it is a big deal. You should be really proud of yourself. Lets try to all get through May together now.
            Mary-Sounds like you have been struggling a bit lately. Still you sound strong and able to get back on track. We are all here for you. A new month is a great time to strenghten your resolve. And you have truly been so successful in your progress in the past year. Like you said ( or maybe Janice) this is not a contest , it is our lives.
            Be Well Everyone and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
            NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
            AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Good Morning Abbers!

Looks like to day is a happy day for so many here!
              Big time applause for On My Way - 30 days and 60 days today for Barebones and Aqua!! YeeHa!

Super congratulations on these big milestones and no easy feat (I know!)

Let's all have another Great AF Day today!!
              Is Addiction Really a Disease?
              Watch this and find out....
              http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Hi everyone, I had a busy day yesterday and didn't manage to post, making sure I make time today.

Congratulations Barebones and Aqua on 60days and OMW for 30days af, I bet your all feeling great. I'm definately in to get through May AF.
                :grouptrophy::grouptrophy::grouptrophy:
                Well you have to have a trophy each
                Rustop you deserve one to for your 30days, its still a big thing even if you have done it before :grouptrophy:

Hope everyone is having a good day, I'm busy again, just had to stop for lunch so thought I'd post. I'm gonna try to post again tonight, if I can fight the kids off the PC.
                Going to my brothers after I've picked up my kids from school, its my mums birthday today and she's round there looking after my baby niece.

Hopefully catch you all later
                love
                want
                AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                There's fire in your eyes,
                Bite me, excite me,
                I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                Brings eternal flame.
                Open me to heaven,
                To heal me again.

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Morning all. I think I am on day 19 AF now. I am on a business trip and don't have much time to post. Congrats to Rustop on 30 days. I thought the story about the $400.00 bottle of wine was funny. Very ironic, where was that offer when we could actually partake

Anyway, good luck to all.:goodjob:

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Hi 30 dayers: Yes, I've been struggling, but today I feel a new sense of resolve. I'm very appreciative of the acceptance of my ups & downs from all of my friends on this thread. I've filled in zeroes for today & tomorrow, so that I can close out April AF. I'm definitely planning on an AF May. I'm working on becoming a non-drinker. If my slips have taught me anything, it's that I'm an alcoholic type of drinker:
                    -I drink to get just drunk enough.
                    -I drink for the wrong reasons.
                    -I drink the whole bottle.
                    -I drink alone.
                    I'm feeling strong & determined. I've got people coming to visit my husband but will not have any wine...even if others drink.

Congratulations on the 30 day mark On My Way. Also, a big pat on the back to Aqua & Barebones for 60. Those are wonderful accomplishments. I'm behind you all, but your achievements give me a lot of hope.

Janice: I couldn't be more proud of the way you've been handling yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Love, Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Still feel cruddy, but made it to work today. Lets see how long I last.

Today is Day 15, the halfway mark!! Woohoo!!

Maybe its because I've not been feeling well but I am not thinking about Al much at all. We'll see how much chatter I get when I go to my friend's bday party on the 10th of May. I very well might be the only person not drinking at the affair.

-lorelei
                      Suddenly I see
                      This is what I want to be
                      suddenly I see
                      Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Goodness, there is so much to celebrate lately.......so many positive achievements, well done everyone - Aqua, Barebones, Onmyway, Rustop......I could on and on!!!!:goodjob:

My confidence is a bit low at the moment....new job, a new challenge, a new teacher with her own way of doing things etc, and I'm coming home and being hard on myself, wondering what I'm doing wrong and if I could have handled things better. It dawned on me yesterday that even if I was drinking, I would still have these feelings. They are part of everyday life and drinking would not make them disappear, it would just make them appear so much worse than they really are.

This afternoon I had to ring my mam and brother.....more paperwork to be sorted re the running of their household. My mam answered the phone - I know her sooooo well and can tell when she's drinking. This afternoon it was obvious. Abrupt "yes", "no", "don't know" were amongst snappy answers and she couldn't wait to pass me onto my brother. (I got away lightly compared to some 'phone calls!!.)

Again, I wondered if thats how I came across while I was drinking - that "can't be bothered talking to you" and its "alright for you" attitude, so so very bitter. Sometimes I think she's punishing me for moving away 20 years ago......yet no matter what, she has refused to come and stay with me (only once did she, in 1990 before the drinking got really out of hand). Dad used to say it was because staying with me would have interfered with her drinking and I think he was right. The drink always came, always comes first.

It is so sad....I can see and understand why mam turned to drink, and why the occasional social drink turned into a non-stop day/evening drinking session. She had her reasons, too many and too complicated to discuss here.....just one of them, caring for and standing by my brother and his mental health problems which got him into very serious trouble many times, is ironic in that he is now caring for her. Oh, mam had her reasons......don't we all, but the drink doesn't make them go away.

I'm sorry I'm caught up in my own thoughts here and pouring them out......just need to say I am so thankful for my sobriety today, it is so so precious to me and I will do anything to protect it.

love to all,

Janicexxx:l
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Just a quick one - Rustop I didn't realise it was 30days for you too -so sorry BIG WELL DONE

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Good afternoon all,

Goodness, our gang is growing, so many to remember?.I think that is just GREAT!!

Janice, chin up, I?m sure you?re doing a great job at work; it all takes getting used to. Wish life with your mom was easier, I?m sure it?s tough. My Mom is a bit neurotic (miss manors with a twist of ocd) not a drinker by any standards, thinking about it, a drink may be what she needs. You are right; handling life?s difficulties is easier when you?re sober.

Aqua and BB, Good work, 60 days, now that is major!!

Rust, 30 more days , u rock!!

Mary, you are very wise to take time to know yourself and be excepting of who you are. You set a fine example for us all. Hope all is well at home.

Det, Seen, Beck, Boyz, Want, Mo, Lor: Best to you all.

I have another blasted cold, I feel like dirt. Never got many colds while I was boozing. Funny thought; maybe I was sanitizing myself from the inside. Well, back to my tea with lemon and honey.

On my way,
                            31 days
                            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Janice: You are so right. Drinking doesn't solve anything at all. Our emotions change from day to day whether we drink or not. You are not your emotions...you are you, a very precious person. Tomorrow you'll feel better about yourself & your job. Before I retired I was a Special Education teacher & know all too well the challenges of teaching disabled youngsters. The highs are high & the lows can be pretty low. Let yourself feel your feelings, then move past them.

Love, Mary

Again, Aqua, good for you! 60 days is awesome.
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X