Wine with Claws and Jaws!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday - Anniversary situation, 2 glasses of wine. I didn't particularly enjoy the wine, in fact had to force down the second one but me being me I managed it.

Friday - Friday situation, 3 glasses of wine - enjoyed the first one, the others were down before I knew it.

Saturday - Thought I'd go for the whole bottle. No particular reason other than it was Saturday night, cold outside, fire was on ....

Sunday - Hey, why not go a bottle AND A HALF? Why not? Well, it seemed a good idea at the time. Me and hubby putting the world to rights over a Chardy or two.

Monday morning - Headache, nausea, wannagobacktobed! BUT in my strange way of doing things, I actually feel glad that all happened because it has renewed my determination not to bother the next time, if you know what I mean! Except for one of the glasses of wine, I didn't even really enjoy any of it!!! It must be the meds, I would usually have much more than this at the weekends. So I suppose that was a bit of a live experiment for me (!?!).

Looking forward to tomorrow and that clear-headed feeling again! 8) X

Yes I know what you mean about not enjoying it, i did that on saturday night and drank a quarter of what i would normally have, just felt tired and full. I even bought a bottle of nz sauv blanc which is one of the best but the taste didnt do anything for me at all. Have to remember that for next time. It is the ritual that takes the time fighting it off, the habit is to the extreme when one gets to my age and one has been doing it for so long.

Drinking wine always makes me want cheese and bikkies, so there goes the weight loss for the week as well. Bugger.

As you say, the experience should make us resolute for the next time, interesting how easily I can forgive myself though

Have a nice AF week, I for one am going to try and toughen up abit !!!
    Jools

Comment

Hi Jools,

Your right about it being the ritual thing rather than the actual consumption thing now. I too felt full and tired! It's funny how I just kept forcing it down, for what reason? It did nothing for me, just the next day gave me a headache. This is going to be tougher than I thought. I breezed through the first week like Miss Goody Two Shoes, all smug and "see how easy it is everybody!". Now, here is the other side of me folks, the "well, one bottle won't do any harm" mentality. In fact, even since leaving that last post above, I'm thinking of putting a bottle of wine in the fridge to chill for tonight. Well, I am under a lot of stress. The children have got Chicken Pox.

Comment

Hey guys,
        I agree that a couple of wines on the weekend like "normal" people have would be my ideal. Its just stopping at 2 or three that is hard. I had my first appointment with a psych today and he feels that i should be aiming for moderation as the key. He wants me to up my effexor to 150mg but didnt want to prescribe any other drugs at the moment. He has given me a diary to maintain and lent me a book called Families and how to Survive them (which I read about 15 years ago and loved), funny though I actually tried to get the book at the library about 4 weeks ago and they didnt have it. Its by John Cleese (the comedian) and his psychotherapist Robyn Skinner. So I felt the universe was kind of working on my behalf today. The doctor is south african and a really decent bloke, could crack a smile unlike some of them, and asked some reasonable questions. Well I will see how I go, he said that he wants me to only drink out of a 100ml glass - I told him my glasses are like indoor swimming pools - what the???

Like all of you I am really keen to be a "good girl" as opposed to a "bad girl" and keep it going until I break the habits of old.

We'll all just band together to keep the demons at bay hey what!?!

Jools

Comment

Working...
        X