more newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more newbies

i stumbled on this forum after yet another night of drinking and wanting the hours to lapse...

i am sitting in here in shock...i thought i was the only one.

i have read so many of your posts and today i said to myself, enough is enough...i need to get through this.

thank god i found this forum. thursday through to saturday, i drank and drank...i need help and guidance...

i hope i can get through this, and i pray for everyone on here...may we all get through this...

more newbies

Welcome!

As you see, you are far from the only one! Keep reading, hang around. Get the book and read it. This program really helps! You can download the book for not much and start with that right away and hang with us while getting the rest of the stuff together.

Hugs,

Darlene

Comment

more newbies

thank you

thank you for the encouragement. i'm not too sure if i want to the book. right now, all i can think of, is today is day one...no i didn't drink...but damn it was a hard day to get through....after my binge over the last few days, my whole body feels like a wreck...i have been drinking water and drowning myself in green tea to chill out and of course trying ever so hard not to fall back into the trap of phoning the ex bf that had gotten me so depressed hence, the hard core drinking began....

Comment

more newbies

Re: thank you

Feels nasty, doesn't it

You are on the right track with the water and the tea. Lots and lots, cause you are dehydrated. Avoid Tylenol, cause you've already bummed your liver, but if you don't have stomach problems, an aspirin or two won't hurt.

If you can, take a shower, change your sheets and spend the day being kind to yourself. Lay in bed reading a trashy novel, take walk, take a nap, spend some time reading the boards. Fruit and crackers seems to make a good snack when you feel like eating.

Maybe a long bubble bath later in the day.

I call it a "recovery" day. You can't do anything about yesterday, and you've got to get your strength back before you can handle tomorrow.

Naturally, it helps if you don't drink today and if you leave the x bf in his corner, but that's up to you!

Hugs,

Darlene

Comment

more newbies

thank you

yep really nasty it makes me feel sick in the stomach...

there are some amazing stories in here...extremely strong willed characters that will help me get on my way to recovery...

day 1...almost over....

Comment

more newbies

And the good news is that tomorrow will be much better!

You must be in the UK?

My day (Sunday) is just getting started. I've got to go get ready for church shortly.

Comment

more newbies

Hey Wantogetbetter, how're you doing? That first day can be a real bear! But here you are, definately in good company
              for it...Hang in there, it'll get better. Welcome aboard,and take it easy on yourself for a few days, if you can.
              Think I've got a case of Spring Fever... bad weather, & 2 days off in a row, gotta keep myself busy... Hugs, Judie

Comment

more newbies

no in au

hi st jude...i'm in aust...

day 2 for today....it's 5.55am and i'm going to kick this thing right in butt....

new day....going to the gym...let's see how i fare up in the evening...

xx

Comment

more newbies

Re: no in au

Gee ... and I thought I was the only early-bird in Aus. Good luck for today.

Tawny

Comment

Working...
                  X