hi new guy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi new guy here

for the last week or so i came to accept the fact that i'm digging my own hole.I came to accept the fact that it won't be fun or easy to dig myself out of it.so be it.I have no one to blame for it and that was another one tough to face.but so be it.Up to yesterday i kept drinking till i pass out,loose my wallet ,my drivers license,my kids etc...still got a good job and a roof but not for long if i don't negociate that curve.I had enough and need some people to talk with.

hi new guy here

Hi Goodkids:

Welcome! You say you lost your kids? Does that mean you've lost them full time or don't see them anymore? I'm sorry for that. Hopefully temporary.

I have only been here a week today in fact. My book just arrived from Amazon yesterday and I haven't read it yet....plan to today. Just reading the posts here has been helpful to me. I still haven't gone more than one night without my wine. I think I'll need at least the tapes and Kudzu and then maybe Topa.

Yeah that you still have a good job. So you're doing something right. Good luck to you.

Comment

hi new guy here

i have five kids still see them occasionnally but i'm afraid i might have lost the heart of at least 2 or 3 of them.I hope i can fix it before i go.

Comment

hi new guy here

Well, it won't be easy, but some of it can be fun...and the other side is definitely worth it.

Kids are amazingly resilient. Mind you, they are smart enough not to believe a lot of words or promises...but they do believe results and changes. Even if you've hurt them, they love you more than you know. Dig yourself out of that hole. You'll be doing yourself a world of good, and them too.

Lots of folk to talk to around here.

Hugs,

Darlene

Comment

hi new guy here

today iwant it to be my first day of sobiety and tomorrow my second.I very glad to have found this place.I tried A.A. before with some mixed results.I'm all for it.you see after work i don't want to stare at four walls and don't mind living alone i just don't want to end up in the bars to meet. people it's killing me, my liver keeps hurting for the last month or so.That's not good.It looks like here i will have support for the transition. Love you all Martin and thank you

Comment

hi new guy here

If you possibly can, download the book and read it. That'll give you something to do besides stare at the four walls, and give you the basics of the program.

Hang in there!

Comment

Working...
            X