Calms forte questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calms forte questions

I started taking Calms forte on Monday night - so now I've taken it two days/nights in a row as written in MWO book. I have a couple of questions but should probably give you a little bit of a background.

I started on this site two days ago and have been AF both mon and tues. Before I drank 2 bottles of white wine at least every other night - more if I had one of those insidious boxes of wines where no one could keep tabs.

I have been a chronic insomniac for over 25 years. And a problem drinker for over 20 years. So the insomnia came first.

I am also on oral steroids and antibiotics for a infection on my arm (poison sumac). I've never been on steriods before so I don't know about their affect on sleep.

So here are my questions. I am taking Calms forte as suggested in the book, but I have awakened both nights at 2 am wide awake with no chance of going to sleep. I've watched TV, read a book, done sudoku and laundry but nothing works. But why am I waking up when I take Calms forte when it is a sleep aid? I'm taking the four pills a day or whatever it is? Has anyone had a similar issue? Could it be the steroids? I am hyper at 2 am!

Second question: If this is a sleep aid, why does the book say to take more in the morning than in the evening? Does it build up in the system? I'm not sure I understand much about this 'remedy'.

Thanks.
    Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Calms forte questions

I believe it is recommended not only to help us sleep, but to help calm the nerves during detox, thus the recommendation to take it during the day for the first 6 weeks of the program. Once I started taking the Topamax I found I was too sleepy during the day so I discontinued the Calms except at bedtime. Seeing that you were a chronic insomniac for over 25 years I kind of doubt the Calms is going to cut it for you, but I could be wrong. I'm sure others will chime in with some good advice for you. Great job on the 2 days AF!!
    I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

Calms forte questions

Could be the steroids too. I would suggest talking to your doctor. I assume you already told him (or her) what else you were taking??
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Calms forte questions

I'm taking the kudzu, B-50, L-glut, primrose, magnesium - and my estrogen. I've been using the All One powder vitamins for over a year, but I just ran out so I'm taking a regular multi-vitamin (without iron) until the new jar comes in. I think that's it. I just told her about the estrogen.
        Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

Calms forte questions

gosh i still take the stuff. in fact i carry it with me in my purse and who knows i've been known to take a lot at a time 6 to 8 depending on the situation. whatever it takes. anxiety or just needing to sleep. i also like my lavender oil aromatherapy. reluctanthealer.com has these great cds for breathing/meditation that help me sleep like a baby too. and the oils are the best on the planet.
          :welcome:

Comment

Working...
          X