wine with claws!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wine with claws!

Well, it got the better of me last night and I wrapped my chops around some white wine with my neighbours. Bugger. a bottle and a half later i staggered home at 11pm feeling "soused and worthless" and woke up feeling worse. Point is, I didnt really enjoy it, I was just drinking because I was supposed to - saying farewell to a neighbour who is going away for a year. Talk about rituals. How do I deal with these situations? I feel yucko this morning.8)

wine with claws!

Sorry you feel bad :|

Just remember that you aren't worthless and that you'll feel better as the day goes on! And thank goodness you could walk home and weren't driving!

Rome wasn't built in a day. Old habits are hard to break. Just do the program to the best of your ability and pick yourself back up every time you fall down

Regarding rituals, we just have to make some new ones! Who says you can't Bon Voyage somebody with sparkling cidar?

Hugs

Darlene

Comment

wine with claws!

Jools, Don't beat yourself up. We've all been there.
      Have you tried the Topa? It really helps me to go a lot slower with the drinking. My Hubby still thinks I'm hiding something, because he's used to me drinking so much more, neither of us can really believe it.
      It's only been a few mo. for me, but a world of diff! This is the longest I've gone in years w/out having to "call-in"to work, for something... and I did get migraines too, but quite possibly helped along w/too much alcohol...whoda thunk? In any case. This seems to be working wonders, so far so good!
      I'm a work in progress, but for now, I can accept that. Good luck. Go easy on yourself OK? Hugs, Judie

Ps I was abs for 18 days in March. Not 30, but a long time for me...now I'm back to moderating...waiting for MWO book, finally got it ordered today!! I'm a slow learner!

Comment

wine with claws!

Hi Jools, don't feel bad. Look at what you did differently this time. You came back here didn't you and told us how you felt. That is a start and you are no different than the rest of us. We all have so many slips and stops and restarts but if you stick with the program you will get there.

Jools don't be so hard on yourself, today is anew day so make the most of it and give yourself a break.

Take care

Yvonne

Comment

wine with claws!

thanks all, I went fishing with my husband and decided to start anew. Onwards and Upwards!!

Comment

Working...
          X