Hi Iam new to this program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to this program. I read the book yesterday and also started the supplements. I have used alcohol for twenty something years. My use was to conquer loneliness. I have found that I can not cure this horrible habit alone. I am not one to stand infront of others and talk about this problem so I am grateful that I can get on line and write to all of you. I truly believe that if there is someone out there that can identify with me some of my challenges I will make it through this program. I have read many success stories and hope I can share mine with all of you.

Welcome Hanna

Marcie

Comment

Hi Hanna, welcome to the site. I am sure you will find many people who can relate to your story here. AA works for some and not for others, I couldnt speak out openly either which is why this works so well.
      We we all here for you.

Take care and yoou are not on your own

Yvonne

Comment

Hi Hanna,
        Welcome.
        You will find many gifts here.

Comment

Hi Hanna

Welcome. I felt just like you. Kept threatening myself with AA but could never face it. Last month I came across this site and it has been a life saver. I joined March madness on the 7th and it just gave me something to work towards. Being part of a group helped and knowing you will not be judged by them. They are going through the same thing. I dont know if any of you guys ever heard friends talk about somebody with a drink problem? Sometimes it is not very complimentary, the one that used to really kill me was when they said "how could she do that to her kids". They would never in a million years think that I too was doing the same thing and I really dont want to any more they deserve better.
          Good luck.

Comment

Thankyou

Hi, Thankyou for writing to me. I cried when I read about others not understanding the pain we feel towards others and especially our children. There is not a day that goes by I do not feel shame and guilt for the times my son saw me wasted. There is no feeling that can express how much I wish I could take all those away but know I can not. I love my son so much and can only hope that he sees the changes I am making now. Hopefully he will realize when he is older what has happened to me was not intentional. Today is day three and all I have been doing is supplements. My tapes should be here next week. I also have a dr. appt. My only question is that this morningI woke up nervous and alittle shakey. Is that something that stays with you for awhile. I also feel sad. Anyway thanks again for what you wrote. I do not feel alone in this.

Comment

Re: Thankyou

Hi Hanna, congratulations on day three and good luck with your doctor. People here have had some wonderful experiences when they spoke to their doctor (others not) and I hope you do too.

I think waking up sad and shaky is all part of the process. Your body and your mind are going through so much and before you probably drank so that you didn't have to deal with sadness now you are just more aware of it. The shakiness and any other physical symptom should disappear in a day or two at the most.

It might help you to do something physical, go out for a nice walk or something like that and stop and appreciate what is around you.

Take care of yourself and I hope you get what you need frmo your doctor as well.

Yvonne

Comment

Working...
              X