Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please please help Me!!!!!

Hi Everyone

I am in a bad situation , I have to stop drinking NOW. Had liver faliure 2 yars ago, stayed on the wagon for over a year ,now drinking again but not as bad as before.Do the drugs really help with the cravings?

Whitestar

cravings & drugs

Hi Whitestar. And welcome.
    Well if you think going from a 12 Pk a day, to 2 or 3 beers a day, an improvement! I'd have to say H-- yes!
    I can honestly say that I thought I was beyond hope.
    Actually, I'm doing this March Madness thing right now, so this is day 8 of nothing- at all! God I'm thirsty!!
    Better go get my tea & gummy bears for breakfast...I have picked up some other strange new habits, but I can live with them.
    Maybe even more or just as much as the meds, &/or supps, this board helps. The support here is awsome! I hope you'll stick around... Judie

Comment

Whitestar,

Yes, it really does work, but you need to do the whole program. That means the suplements, cd's, ect. What I suggest is that you order the book, it will explain everything. The thing I like about this program is that it's not AA. If I feel down or have a question about something I can go to the board and get all the support I need. You will find the same. Good luck to you and keep posting.

Comment

Thankyou for caring

Hi Judie

Its funny the last time I did this I had to have extra strong mints!! I dont now if the medication is avaliable hear in the UK I will check it out. It is so good so chat with someone who understands what this living hell is like, I am trying to be as positive as possible but my husband knows ,he dosent give me a hard time(sometimes I wish he would!) and loves be loads but Ive no one to relate to over this. Oh by the way sorry for disturbing your breakfast it is 3.50pm over hear !!! Will be back tomoz ! Thanks sooooooo much

Whitestar

Comment

Thanks

Hi Amy97

Thanks for answering , its so great to find a site to chat to people with simular problems and I will be back tomorrow,I have to go and cook dinner for the family now. Once again thanks

Whitestar

Comment

Re: Help

Whitestar,
            There are many other people in the UK who are using this program; you can read through the posts to find them and where they are getting there meds and supplements from. I would start right away on whatever vitamins and/or supplements you can get, and definately use the support you will find here on this board! Have you ordered the CDs and book yet? I found (for me) it took some time for the program to work. Then I was moderating; now I am doing the March Madness abstinence. I wish you luck. The program definately does work.

Adria

Comment

hi whitestar! you can get the topa online from inhousepharmacy.co.uk its not cheap but it only takes about a week to get to you in the uk! hope that helps! jenny

Comment

Hi Whitestar, yes it really does help with cravings.

I haven't had much success with moderation...threw a really big toot last weekend

This week I'm up to 75 mg topa and haven't drunk (or wanted) a drop. But I am doing the whole thing, supps, hypno, topa, etc. And getting a lot of support, here. too!

Darlene

Comment

Thanks for the info

Hi Pushchair Addict

Thanks for the website, am going to try my GP first , would prefure to have some medical supervision but if she wont help I will buy some online.

Whitestar

Comment

I am coming to terms with my alcoholism

Hi guys,

I am an alcoholic. I drink every night, and I get trashed. My weakness is merlot. I have been doing this most nights for about three years now. I initially was self-medicating because my finace was dying. Now, I have no excuse, and I'm just continuing to do it out of habit, need, and the progression of alcoholism. I am not opposed to AA, but I have been interested in meds ever since I knew I needed help. I am a nursing student, but taking a break from school because a DUI impaired my ability to drive to my clinicals, destroyed my relationship with my brother, and I feel now I am sick and in need of serious help. Help for alcoholism, depression, the works. Tell me of your success stories. My Way Out sounds wonderful to me, and if I were to combine it with therapy and AA, I think it would be great. I have always been interested in nutrition and believe good nutrition and exercise have the power to heal us of so many things. Give me a shout out and tell me how this has worked for you!!

Comment

coming to terms

Just started myself so can't tell you much but - the various threads contain success stories (and obviously stories with set backs). They also point to the need to stay vigilant and have a variety of strategies to deAL with 'the enemy'.

Comment

hi everyone im new here and need help

hi im new here i attended aa for almost 3 years but i left there was alot of control issues and i did go thru the steps but i got tired of the everyday ging to meetings and saying the same thing over and over , i have faith this will help i need support from you all thank you i find myself drinking then i want to stop i put together 8 days and then i drank again now its been every two days it is not just 1 lots anyway i can understandd why i have no discipline to say no and also i some times blame my parents for not givin me or teaching me responsability so i really dont know do you all beleive its about will power and responsability some friends tell me i then they dont understand why i do it help help help thank you

Comment

Hi Creative Medium

Hi,
                          Welcome aboard!
                          How you read the book yet? Great way to start and helps you understand the lingo etc.
                          You can order the paperback or download it from the site: www.mywayout.org
                          Excellent program and could be just what you need.
                          Good luck and keep posting!

Comment

Working...
                          X