I Know I have A Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Know I have A Problem

Shit I KNOW!!!!! It controls my thoughts, my plans, I think about it 24/7. I have had soooo many sick days of work from hangovers using every excuse in the book to cover up for it. I went home the other day from work saying... I had a tummy bug and the one of the girls said to me...(you have not been well for a long time have you???) That shocked me because I look so healthy and fit...but the sick days are getting werse. I have been on this site for 4 weeks I come and go because I start to drink again and feel guilty. But I was sober for 7 years..... But this time around is soooo f............. hard to give it up.

I Know I have A Problem

Loose the guilt. It is a waste of time and energy!
    Begin to work on your thinking. Stop thinking of yourself as a drunk and begin to see yourself as you are "going" to be.
    Do you have the book and cd's.
    You can do this....
    Love,
    Nancy ..Southernbelle
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I Know I have A Problem

Mia;320901 wrote: Shit I KNOW!!!!! It controls my thoughts, my plans, I think about it 24/7. I have had soooo many sick days of work from hangovers using every excuse in the book to cover up for it. I went home the other day from work saying... I had a tummy bug and the one of the girls said to me...(you have not been well for a long time have you???) That shocked me because I look so healthy and fit...but the sick days are getting werse. I have been on this site for 4 weeks I come and go because I start to drink again and feel guilty. But I was sober for 7 years..... But this time around is soooo f............. hard to give it up.
      Hi Mia,

Hang in there. When I finally accepted the fact that AL is a socially acceptable and legal drug that I cannot handle it became clear to me that I had to leave it alone...or be in a perpetual cycle of misery.

Comment

I Know I have A Problem

Mia, some good advise so far.

You do have to lose the guilt. But you have to make a battle plan. Determination and willpower will get you to where you want to be. But there are some tools to help. Do you have the book? Are you taking vitamins and supplements? They are very important.

Let us know so we can help you plan something out. But remember we can not do the work for you. You have to want this more than you have ever wanted anything in your life.

Best of luck to you. We are here for you.

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I Know I have A Problem

Thankyou so much for posting me back. I do want this more than anything..... to be sober that is. So I suppouse a shift has happened for me....I just cannot imagine myself in another 10 years like this. I will buy the book and look at getting some vitamins and supplements.. Do you know if I can buy the book in Australia?

Comment

I Know I have A Problem

Hi Mia

Sorry I didn't see this thread yesterday. Ditto to what the others have said in that you REALLY have to want to get over this problem. I tried half-heartedly last year and failed miserably, and that made me feel even worse about myself (what a loser I am, see I just can't do this), which made me want to drink even more to cover up my feelings of being a failure.

I'm very new at this so might not be the best person to offer advice, but for what it's worth I'd recommend:
            • Getting the book, the CDs, and the recommended supplements (these help when willpower is low)
            • Read as much as you can on this site, there are a number of inspirational stories of people who've done the hard yards and come out the other end (read Chief's story and his advice for starters, and more recently Ace-of-base's threads)Post here often - I think the best place would be in the "general discussion" or the "starting out" boards, or the "need help ASAP" one if it's urgent - this holistic board isn't quite as active as the others so you won't get as many responsesFeel free to PM me any time (just click on my user name and the option will come up to send me a private message). And I'm sure the more experienced members would welcome a PM from you too - I've found them all to be so supportive and generous.

I think at the end of the day though you just need to decide that you really are going to do this, and commit to say 30 days where drinking just isn't an option. Period. And then you can re-evaluate at the end of that time.

Also I think you said a while back that you're husband doesn't know you're on here? A number of members here have posted that they got unexpected reactions and support when they finally came clean to their partners about their problem and about MWO. Just something to think about...

In terms of getting the stuff in Australia, I couldn't find the book or the kudzu or the CDs here, so I ordered them from the US. They arrived pretty quickly (about a week). Alternatively if you want to get the book quickly you can get it in PDF format from the MWO website.

Good luck Mia, and please let us know how you're going. There's a new Day 1-30 "Hello sober living" thread on the "general discussions" board - we'd love to see you there.

:l
            Wooflet

Comment

Working...
            X