Also New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also New

I just started the program, will try only using the supplements,.
    I considered myself a "moderate drinker", but having issues with the amount considered "moderate" I used to have 1 glass of wine during the week, it being like 8 oz. During the weekends, particularly Fridays, it could be near the whole bottle. But it was getting harder to stick to the 8 oz, each day adding a couple of ounces more.
    My question, has somebody done the program with the supplements only, especially the kudzu? I am starting the program with the hypnosis and the suppls.
    PS. Last evening I drank half a bottle of wine.... just because it was Fridays!!!! I am sincerely cutting it off today.
    Do I have to start the program without drinking for a month?

Also New

Socotz,
    If you look at the General Topics, there is a thread about "Is Moderation Doable" and most of the replys seem to lead to doing the 30 days of abstinence. I have to tell you the whole idea made me stress out so much I almost didn't want to do the program, but I did and I am very glad. I am using the supps and hypno religiously and they are so doing the trick. No Topa for me. I love the cd's. It's hard to fit them in everyday. I have the sublim on my MP3 player and I have switch the sleep learning with the sublim most nights because I like the ocean better. Last night, I had 1 glass of wine (only the good stuff, no 2 Buck Chuck for me anymore) washed out the glass and I didn't feel I was being deprived or felt like I was having to pull something out of me to not get another glass. It's only been 3 weeks, but this is the 1st time in 15 years I feel some control. I am very hopeful and the benefits of the cd's have been that I have quit coffee and my workouts are awesome. 7 lbs in 3 weeks.
    Good luck,
    Raining in CA again.

Comment

Also New

also new

Frmca:
      Thank you very much for your reply!!!
      I have not received the cd's yet.I also feel that
      quitting drinking for a month is too much, I know that I will have to make the decision. Right now it feels a burden to start during the weekend.
      Today I got my Kudzu suppls, that's why I wanted to ask if it helps with the cravings. Or how long till they start kicking in??
      I congratulate you for your great courage. I feel blessed that we can share this experiences that otherwise would be a secret or completely misunderstood!!!!!

Comment

Also New

Re: also new

listen to your body and your mind - if you are doing what you don't feel OK about - that is all the message you need. Yes, the proragm works - as do any other programs for those who really want to quit. . Try listening to the CD "Sober for Good" - it gives you many alternatives.

Comment

Also New

socotz

Hi Socotz
          I have been on board for may be eight weeks now, started on the March Madness to make a commitment to abstain for the month. Did I think I could do it? No, not at the time. Do I find it hard? Sometimes, but because I made that commitment I tried very hard, and I am now on day 16, this is the longest I have been without alcolhol for almost 20 years, and that was drinking 2 + bottles of wine every night. The supps do work, the Kudzu does curb cravings, and I also take the l-glutamine(spelling?), plus the other supps, and the cd's do help sort the brain out. When I started on the March Madness 31 days stretched out before me, and I thought wow can I do it? As you will see from several people reporting on the March Madness forum it is achievable, it depends if you are ready to go for it. And only you know if you are ready, it has taken me a few months to make that decision to sort out this alcohol problem, it was time for me. Good luck, and take care
          Mary UK

Comment

Also New

Re: socotz

I have to add to this because I know some of my comments may have stressed you out on the "is moderation possible" thread about doing the 30 days. I was petrified of not drinking at all when I started 7 months ago and the thought of going 30 days would have been a joke. In my time here I have just seen so many people think they can go immediately into "moderation" and start drinking themselves into oblivion again including myself and in trying to figure out why, I discovered that 30 days of abstience at the begining was a part of the program.

I do believe that 30 days of abs will give you the clarity you need to decide if permanent abs, moderation, this program or some other program is right for you. But I could be wrong.

I didn't mean to stress you out. Don't worry if you are not ready. I hope that March Madness is only the begining of abstinance events. I hope that there will be another one that starts in April and then May and so on and you can jump in when you are ready. It took me 7 months and resorting to taking antabuse to get here so don't beat yourself up.

It takes, what it takes. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
            -Nina

Comment

Also New

Re: socotz

Mary: Congrats!!! I felt the same, thinking of going for a month felt like impossible, but I started with another bunch, the "mid march madness". Now I don't feel any cravings, it has been easier than expected. Although yersterday I drank a very small glass of wine, 4oz, in a dinner party, I feel excited to continue alcohol free for the rest of the month.
              Nina, you also have been so encouraging to me. To all of you, good luck, and God Bless you. We will keep in touch!!

Comment

Working...
              X