PDA

View Full Version : Raw Food Quinoa/Kale Video

lucky 2.0
May 4th, 2008, 02:50 PM
kale & quinoa salad - Brightcove (http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1388770083&channel=164931251)

Prest4time
May 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks Lucky! This looks really easy and super healthy too. Yummers.

lushy
May 4th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Wow, that sounds tits. Going to make it this week. Thanks Duck!!!

MyOwnWoman
May 4th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Whoa - my two all time favorite foods - kale and quinoa!! Actually I had quinoa with sauteed kale and garlic this morning. But I"m going to make this right now! I have kale from the farmer's market so way fresh and yummy.
When I was a raw fooder I LOVED raw kale. I like how she squeezes it - makes good sense.
Thanks Duck!

Determinator
May 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM
MOW, garlic with breakfast...you know how proud I am of you!! :)

recently I've been making a nice simple salad of quinoa and chopped arugula with olive oil and garlic.
a little salt and freshly cracked pepper and that's it. so light and nice.

Lucky, thanks for the link...I'll check it out.

lushy
May 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I made this last night and it was so good. The only change I would make is to leave out the red onion as it was very overpowering, despite soaking it in cold water.

soccermom
May 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I made it last night and it was amazing! I love it! I have never had kale and now I'm in love with it.
Thanks for the recipe!

wantrealmeaning
May 12th, 2008, 12:57 AM
That sounds great. I love curly kale (even my kids do) and I have been newly converted to quinoa by you lovely people, I'll defo be trying it out. Thanks Lucky :).

lushy;321578 wrote: Wow, that sounds tits. Going to make it this week. Thanks Duck!!!
:H:H:H

lucky 2.0
May 12th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Want, I will expect a full report. Enjoy!

wantrealmeaning
May 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
:hiya: Hi Quinoa Queens,

Checkin in with my recipe report as requested.

Made the quinoa/kale salad yesterday for dinner, I really like it. I used spring onions (scallions) instead of the red onion, and mixed in a bit of West Indian hot pepper sauce with the quinoa before I added it to the salad for a bit of kick. I was a bit worried about the advacado as I never had it before but was pleasantly surprised. :) Next time gonna try it with lime juice instead of lemon.
Gonna finish the rest of it tonight with salmon or rainbow trout, yum yum.

I can feel my quinoa super powers stiring so gonna tackle the kids bedrooms :jumpin::H

Take care
Want
xxxxxx

southernbelle47
May 14th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'm going to try this soon.
Had Quinoa with cheese for breakfast!

Shared a bag with my son and DIL...this weekend.
Let you know what they think.....
I think they are spending more time in their bedroom than kitchen since his return home!;)

:hNancy

lushy
May 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Want, you had never had an avocado before????!!!!!!!!!! They are oh so healthy for you.

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine
May 18th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Awesome raw food video! Thanks!!!!

stillcrawling
May 19th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks! I'll try it!

beatle
June 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
This is so inspiring. I learned so much from the video (especially those avocado tips!) and I can't wait to get going.

Thanks also Determinator for your variation recipe. Mmm-mmm.