Barley Salad with Fresh Mint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a saucepan, combine water and barley. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to love and simmer until tender (about 40 to 45 minutes). Drain barley and set aside.
    Place green onions, red pepper, parsley, basil and mint into a large bowl. Toss in the cooked barley.
    In separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, minced garlic and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then toss into barley salad and combine well. This is best served cold in my opinion, but room temp is fine too.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Prest,
    Thanks for the recipe. It sounds mouth watering because I really love barley.
    There is just one small problem, I don't have that setting on my stove. I guess US manufacturers are way ahead of us once again........please translate...........LOL.
    Lori.:H
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

:H:H:H

I am assuming you are referring to the "reduce heat to love" part of the instructions? I had no idea what you were referring to until I went back and re-read it! Well.... obviously I meant to say reduce heat to "low".

We should change the stove dials..."scorching hot love" would be "high", and "we havent spoken in two days" would be low?

Well, you get the drift on the Barley salad I suppose.
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

This sounds really good, Prest. Your typo and following replies brought a smile. Thanks!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Here's a new salad...
          Barley, Hopps, yeast.....spring water....Opps...I think that's my old beer recipe, sorry ! LOL IAD !
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

:H:H:H:H:H
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
            X