Hope, perhaps for the first time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I am new here. I tried to do this last night but it did not work. My name is Donna, and I am soooo scared. I have spoken with a few of you last night in live chat, and appreciated your input. My story is long and complicated, but I know that drinking is not the solution. I will post my story soon in the right spot, I am not sure if I can do this here as well. Where should I post it? I know I need help, and am already feeling better with reading, and talking to you!!!
    Thanks,
    Donna

Hi Donna, you have already taken the first steps, just posting and asking for help; when you are ready, find the thread "My Story" -- one of the main topics on the My Way Out Board page. I would definitely go to the Health Store, start by getting the book and supplements; I didn't do it all at once but I did end up with book, CDs, supplements and vitamins, all but the medications, and have had amazing results AS LONG AS I STICK WITH IT EVERY DAY, and just speaking for myself, two things I absolutely cannot skip are the AllOne vitamins and the kudzu. I read once that it takes anywhere from 30-45 days to change, break an old habit, or start a new one, so you really have to work at it. But, like I've said before, I worked hard at digging this hole I got myself into, so . . . . .

I do have to add for your benefit that I was in a very very bad mental/emotional place when I first found this website; my drinking was totally out of control; couldn't believe I didn't lose my job, falling behind in bills, etc. etc. I didn't post anything for 1-1/2 to 2 weeks, just read and read, before I finally worked up enough courage, and ended up finding such a great community and a few really good friends. I also have to add that I did not succeed my first attempt at March abstinence but am gearing myself up with hypno CDs and affirmations to start April, spring-fresh. And I'm sure there will be others doing the same.

Anyhow, welcome, you're in the right place.

Ter

Comment

Post anywhere and everywhere. Get the book, the supps, make your doctor's appointment. Don't do the program halfsies like I did. Do it fullforce for best results. 30 days abstinence first is best, but don't panic if you feel you can't.

It takes what it takes. You can do this. Welcome to your way out.

-Nina

Comment

Welcome Donna;

Glad you found this board! Get comfortable, there are many people that are on your side..

Brandy

Comment

Working...
        X