ready, set go...to sobriety - all advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - feeling less frail and in the fighting for sobriety mode! I really would appreciate nasties be tempered; i am not all together yet and am dealing with the pleurisy.

i never lie here about drinking - that is why i signed up. my baggy jeans and loss of appetite i want to keep - but i bought a bottle of wine. still writing this is AOL spell check to copy /paste and have one less reason to slam! pleurisy is still here and he wine would break up the boredom - at least they don't think it is a blood clot but it is coming from somewhere/cancer not ruled out and blew off the doctor's appointment today. oh, jeez - what a mess. i haven't taken the hospital? ER bracelet off yet since i figured it would help them figure me out after finding me w/ no contact for days...i don't think dogs eat arm bracelets? that' s some sick humor!. so i must be getting better!

I THINK i got the packet today and am getting the topa - i am elated. now I know there is nothing that will stop the drinking for any period of time - even if it is slight. I don't want to drink at all. i am on complete bed rest....couldn't make it to get the possible packet at 4 - but I DID make it to the wine store - my favorite + it is the weekend. blue laws.

although i sobbed for days - my skin minus etoh was so much better.

i want EVERY suggestion possible about how to combo and what has worked for best. one thing said about me is that when i set my mind to it - i do it right. any suggestions? MONDAY is the day.

Love to you all , El

and I want to know how you are all doing - i don't want to talk about myself all the time.

Been to the same place as you

Hi Elle

I had to reply, I am in a pretty shity situation healthwise, i have alcoholic liver disease (ALD) when I found out(2 years ago today) and was told my only chance was a transplant I gave it up,no support, no drugs, I was driven by fear. I was sober for 14mths. Fortunatley my liver had recovered enough to sustain life. But in true alcoholic/problem drinker style I had a drink, one wont hurt!(Famous last words!!)but soon I was drinking daily .I went from totally sober to half a bottle of vodka and beer at the worst. which was last Monday. Today is my day to choose whether I live or die(god thats a bit heavy for a Sunday Morning!! Today is my day 1.The best advice I can give you is never give up giving up,fight that evil wine monster for all you are worth(smack it to him girl!) and try to find something positive from any faliure ,learn from your mistakes. I hav'nt arranged any topa etc for myself yet but I do have the book, have a docs appointment on Wednesday.Lets lighten the mood a bit, I will tell you my plan B ,if the cravings get to me' I am going to lock myself in and throw the key out of the window until the craving passes, I will have to wait for my Hubby or Son to come home before I can get out.I know this seems a little drastic and god knows what the neighbours will think but I am deady serious:rollin

But thats enough about me,can I assume you are in Europe? I live in the UK. How much , how regular, are you drinking? and when did you last have a sober day, you mention hospital ( they are great for not letting you drink,see something positive so I assume not to long ago. I no I am being a bit foward(sorry if I am) but I might be able to advise with the withdraw , been there
    done that, must have at Least 10 T-Shirts. I will pop back to the site later to see if you have replied. Look foward to tomorrow,its the first day of the rest of your life (boy am I full of good sayings today:eek ) and remember, dont bother will the past, its the future that counts.If you need to chat tomorrow( not worked out how yet but sure I can .I will be watching the site on and off most of the day(whilst locked in no dout:lol )All the best Elle

Whitestar 28

Comment

Try WWW.smartrecovery.org

For abstainence try this website:
      www.smart recovery.org

There are TONS of very compassionate , very reasonable , cool people who have been in the same boat, and people who are successfully abstaining. THere are these online meetings round the clock, as well as tons of tools and homework to keep your mind busy in this *Amazing* milestone in your life.

you two CAN do it!!

Trick:
      Each time you have an urge, ..delay it, (do something else) just breathe, and put it off, they pass in about 15-20 minutes (you can actually clock it! )
      ( i learned that at www.smartrecovery.org)

Comment

Re: Try WWW.smartrecovery.org

whitestar!
        deutchland.
        drink with every meal except breaktfast....and teh steel cut oats are proably cooked in it.
        i love you humor. you candor. you truly are a euro.

i am ok sort of - cut the booze by 3/4 - but loneliness and other things beckon me to warmth and comfort.

thank you for your story. you are forever in my prayers. elke

Comment

Working...
        X