Supplement package info recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My package of supplements (minus the yet to be shipped purified kudzu extract--they did send a temp substitute) arrived in the mail last evening. I started taking the stuff this morning. I have one suggestion regarding the vegetable powder. The instructions said to fill the provided empty container half full of juice, add four heaping teaspoons of the powder, cover, shake and drink. Since a scoop is included with the container, I assumed that each scoop was a teaspoon (being a male, I don't use cooking measures much and thus don't have an eye for what's what in that dept.) Hence I added four scoops and gulped it down. Seemed rather thick, so I rattled around, found a teaspoon measure, filled it with water four times pouring that into the scoop, and discovered that the provided scoop itself was a bit more than the suggested 4 teaspoons. Hence, my first time out, I used 16 times the recommended dosage. Somewhere that should have been made clear--the scoop itself is 4-plus teaspoons!

On other fronts, I am on day 10 of Topamax, now at the 50 mg level and my doc won't raise it any higher until he sees me three weeks after first prescribing it. Can't say it has made a whit of difference in my evening drinking habit so far.

Since men and women are obviously wired differently, and since this site consists mainly of women and was designed by women, I wonder if it mainly works for women?

FWIW.

-Mike

Sorry, I meant FOUR times the recommended amount of the vitamin powder the first time due to that scoop size misunderstanding.

-Mike

Comment

You should be able jump tall buildings with a single bound tomorrow!

On a more reasonable note, I don't know about your question, as I ordered my allone somewhere else. I hate the stuff, so take a tablespoon and mix it about 1/3 cup of Tomato juice and gulp it down quickly.

It is an interesting thought about male / female thing, cause I've known what a tablespoon is all my life....never came up cause my hubby, who is also on the program is a fairly accomplished cook...we have 3 or 4 sets of measuring spoons because they get dirty when cooking and you need more than one sometimes.

I'm betting when RJ sees this she will make a change to make it more accessible.

RJ, if you like, I'll take a look at the instructions....that's what I do for a living.

Darlene

Comment

Mike, the Newsweek article about topomax actually uses a male as an example. I'm thinking that dosing may need to be a bit higher for a man, so it may take longer for you to see an improvement.

Comment

I did the same thing with putting too much powder in my juice until I was in chat last night and asked others how many scoops they were using and they said just 1. That explains why my juice was sooo thick. Too much of a good thing can be toxic so it really does need to be made more clear.

Comment

Thanks, guys. This is just the kind of feedback we appreciate. We were pretty happy about being able to offer a free shaker cup and scoop to those who order the Starter or Extreme packs because we'd read some posts on the board about confusion re: how to mix the ALL ONE. However, if the instructions aren't clear we need to address this. (Yes, the lid recommends four teaspoons, and we also provide a scoop, which is four teaspoons, but I can see how this could be confusing). BTW, the scoop is equivalent to the heaping *tablespoon* recommended on the can itself.

We'll start including a note inside the cup with a clarification. I'll also contact our rep at Nutritech, ALL ONE's manufacturer. They are one of the most responsive companies with whom we've worked.

Thanks again.

RJ

Comment

Also, I think it's probably important for men to choose one of the IRON FREE All One formulas. I chose the rice base (cheaper than the other two)... Just my thoughts. It seems like most men's multivitamins don't include much iron.

Comment

Working...
              X