Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've Made the first move

Hi

Just needed to tell someone that Ive made the first move,made a doctors app for next Wednesday and hav'nt brought any Vodka as yet. Will try to order book etc next pay day.Thanks for getting me this far

Whitestar28

I've Made the first move

Good job! This is a huge step. If for some reason they turn you down for topamax, ask them if they would consider campral. Campral wasn't really a big thing when I started 7 months ago. It is prescribed exclusively for drinking problems and has less side effects. I didn't have any trouble taking the topa except for tiredness until I got up to 300 mg per day.

I only suggest this because on my first doctor visit, I was devastated when they turned me down. I now know that the same doctor would have prescribed campral with no problem as she just prescribed antabuse for me. Many on the boards have raved about campral, but it needs to be done with abstinence. RJ only mentions this briefly, but I feel a big part of MWO being succesful is to start with 30 days of abstinence or near abstinence. Do you think you can do this?

Don't panic if you can't. I understand how scary the thought is. I couldn't think of going a day without a drink unless I was sick as a dog with a hang over. But if you have campral, which is supposed to zap the cravings, it might be doable.

I don't want to overwhelm you. Sorry if I had. I want you to succeed and the way to do this is to throw yourself into the program full force. I made the mistake of doing bits and pieces here and there in the begining.

Go do your shopping as soon as you get paid. Gaba, L-Glut, Kudzu. Good Luck Whitestar. Keep us posted.

-Nina

Comment

I've Made the first move

Thanks for the advice

Hi Nina

Thanks for the advice regarding the doctors . I am going for total abstinance , managed to go with out for 14mths until last summer when I thourght I could moderate my drinking,who was I Kidding!! Manged 2 days the other week so I know I can do it ,its just the cravings that get me .Thanks for your support it really helps,and no your no overwhelming me anything but.

Whitestar

Comment

I've Made the first move

Re: Thanks for the advice

Welcome!
        Not buying it is a very simple and very effective step to take!!
        Good job on making the appointment. I remember the sense of power and relief I felt when I did that.

Comment

I've Made the first move

Hi all,
          I am also just starting. I waited for the supplements to arrive, and have been listening to the CD's. It's kind of interesting though - I almost don't have much time for anything else! It took me quite a while to figure out what vitamins to take, at what time. Then gagging them down - I'm sure it will be worth it, but I am wondering if it ever becomes simple? Thanks so much. I'm excited and encouraged by all I read here.

Comment

I've Made the first move

It really really helps to get one of those huge pill boxes with four compartments per day. I know, the kitchen counter looks kind of geriatric, but get over it. My hubby and I sit down each week with the chart and fill them up. Then each day we get up take morning meds and put lunch meds in a baggie for work. (I have my work calendar set to send an auto reminder at lunch to take meds). Then take next round we get home.
            Then next round before bed. We work a really odd shift...4:30 AM to 3:00 PM, so that is how we do it, YMMV.

We walk the dog on alternate days when we got home from work, the other one cooks supper. Whoever don't cook, washes dishes. Everbody has their own CD player and headphones, and I did burn him a copy of the sleep learning, cause that one doesn't share well

Play the subliminal during supper instead of the TV, and voila, MWO, with minimal intrusion of time into your life, just a few minutes to fill the pill box on Sat afternoon, 15 mins to walk the dog each day, and the time to do the hypno and clearing as needed / desired / suggested.
            (As you move into the program, you can do Hypno #2 more often, Hypno #1 less often, #2 is shorter.)

Comment

I've Made the first move

Hi

Hi

Nothing in life is ever simple! . 40 years never found a simple day yet!! But we must keep trying , as you know been very sober until 14 mths ago(after a 22 year binge), I WILL STOP that is what I have on my fridge, not listened to my fridge yet but will soon all the best

Whitestar

Comment

Working...
              X