Vitamins/supps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamins/supps

(I originally posted these in a different thread; maybe no one saw them there...)

Question about timing of dosages
    Does anyone know why the recommended times to take some of the supps has changed on the new dosing schedule? For example, it now says to take the B-50 at dinner instead of mid-morning; I am assuming because you are getting a giant bunch of Bs with the All-One powder at breakfast. The evening primrose oil has also been changed from the old schedule of mid-morning and lunch to breakfast and dinner. Does this make that much difference? I am basically following the updated schedule; just started supps on Monday, but not the "new" supps (l-glut, gaba and amino; going to see if I need them -- would rather not spend the $$ if I don't).

Also, is anyone familiar with a product called 'Kudzu Recovery' (Anti-Alcohol and Liver Support) by Planetary Herbals? I bought it at The Vitamin Shoppe; a national chain; same place I bought all the rest of my supps. The tablets are 750 mg and I am taking 2 of them twice a day. I know the Kudzu Recovery from the MWO site is supposed to be better, butI wanted to buy everythingI needed in one fell swoop; maybeI'll buy the MWO stuff next time. I am going to call the company and see if those isoflavonoids are in this product. I wonder how long it will take for all this stuff to kick in in. I felt great the first day; the last 2 have been rougher, actually.

CS

Vitamins/supps

*I* get the Kudzu from here...because it works for me.

Comment

Vitamins/supps

Dear CS, I too have the Kudzu you refer to. I bought it because it was linked with the book on Amazon.com. I took 2 in the morning, and 2 in the evening. I also take some of the other supps, and L-Glut and GABA as needed. I was having headaches so I eliminated the supps for awhile to rule them out. (Turns out it wasn't that) and I just haven't started taking them all yet. I think the kudzu helps though, if I were to do it over, I'd order everything from here.
      Hang in there!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Vitamins/supps

I don't think it is all that important about the little changes in dosage timing. I think it is just tweaking-- B-vites at night make sense, for example, because they are supposed to be relaxing. I don't know why the changes were made, but if it's not too much bother, I would just follow the new schedule.

If you can afford them, I would definitely recommend those extras, especially in the first weeks of going AF. They will help your body recover more quickly and they will help you feel better through the tough first weeks.

p.s. In addition to the one B-50 per day, I take small doses of B-vites throughout the day (just cheap ones I get at the local store) because they go right through you -- you don't know how much you are absorbing, a lot just goes out the other end. I do the same with C-vites. (You can't do this with all vitamins, but you can with Bs and Cs.)
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Vitamins/supps

Glut and GABA

I am going to pick up these 2, I think. In fact I am off to Wild Oats today (befoer appt. with counselor - gulp) I am also beginning to think, LTV, that the Kudzu Recovery we bought is worthless! I am seeing no results!! Am I being impatient??

Beatle, I have been taking the B-50 after dinner, and an extra milk thistle at night if I drinking, which has not been every day (but did a bit last night) - hope to be back on the wagon tonight. Really trying to pay attention to the affects of both AL and avoid sugar.

These weeks ARE tough, and hubby just doesn't seem to really get it. He is supportive but doesn't get it get it. We are also going thru tough financial times, plus life with toddler, as well a rough patch for the 17 year old too. Too much going on, and I have just lost it in the last month or so.

More later, guys -- thanks, CS

Comment

Vitamins/supps

Trader Joe's vitamins

If anyone is looking for bargains (and who isn't), check out Trader Joe's for supps. It is a national (US) chain of specialty foods, lots of organics and private labels which keeps prices down. They don't have some of the more unusual things like glutamine or gaba. but I did see milk thistle, B-50 and several others on the basic MWO program. I didn't write down prices nor buy anything this time but the prices were significantly cheaper than what I paid at the Vitamin Shoppe. I will get them there next time.

Just FYI and spreading the word.

Comment

Working...
            X