Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

topamax

Hi all,
    I'm new here. Just tracked my package & will be receiving the book today. I've been reading around these boards and am so hopeful that this program will work for me the way it has for you.

I was so eager to get started, that I took 25 mg of Topamax yesterday. Unfortunately, my reaction to it was extreme irritibility and a feeling of being out of control emotionally. People noticed because I couldn't hide it. I even sort of yelled at my boss. I realize that this may not be the right way to start, but since I work in the health field it was immediately available to me ( I also have amino acids & glutamine which I've used on & off for years.)

My question is should I try the Topamax again? Has anyone else experienced this? How do you deal with it? I'm afraid I'll get fired if I lose my temper at work (which is a challenge even without Topa). I do heavy customer service, and can't afford to let that happen.

I really want to do this program, and I will do it without the drugs if necessary. I will appreciate any feedback from you all.

Deirdre

topamax

Dear Deidre,

Good for you for wanting it so much. I think you will be able to try the topa again...I think you just jumped the gun so to speak. My suggestion is to wait until you have the book and have all of the supplements lined up. The program is designed to work as a whole. Some of the supps will help with some of the side effects of the topa. So wait to try the topa again when you have all the supps lined up in place and start taking those along with the topa and maybe try again on your day off! Also "blow-ups" are a symptom of withdrawl and anxiety which the supplements and the CD's will help with. The topa is a great Craving medication but will not help with other aspects of the program like the supps and CD's will. I take topa also and it does help me greatly but I also do the CD's, supps....
    Hope this info helps, good luck to you...I think you will do fine on it. Oh also...some people lower the start dose to 12.5mg if they have a hard time tolerating 25mg at the start, so that is something to think about.
    Best of Luck,
    Tammie

Comment

topamax

Dear Tammie,

Thanks so much for your insight. I agree with you about jumping the gun taking the Topa. I realize that it is a multi faceted program and for good reason; that all the components work together. So, I'm on the look out for the UPS guy, my book is in his truck right now...I'm gong to be patient and stay hopeful and read the book first!

Deirdre

Comment

topamax

It might even be helpful to get grounded with the supps and the hypno before starting the topa....I think the topa does make you feel a little weird.

Comment

topamax

Iwanttobelieve -

Thanks for the suggestion. I would prefer to do the program without any drugs at all if possible, but so far in reading the book it seems the Topa is a key ingredient in her recipe for success. I wonder if there are people who did the program successfully without any drugs, just the supps, hypno, & excercize...? If so, I'd love to hear what their experiences were like.

Utimately, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to do it & do it right. I don't want to worry & doubt that I'm not going to make it if I don't use the Topa.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated...

Deirdre

Comment

topamax

I'm not saying don't do the topa. I'm really thinking it is helping me It just took me a while to get the topa, so I had about a week and a half with supps and hypno head start before I got the topa. I was thinking that might help with any topa side effects...sort of get the other stuff going first, so to speak.

Comment

topamax

I am taking paxil for an anxiety disorder can i take topamax with it ?

Comment

topamax

curious

Im curious to know is anyone able to drink socially with no consequences?

Comment

topamax

Dear Dree,

I am taking Zoloft with Topa. No worries, so far. But frankly, you shouldn't not drink while taking anxiety medicine. The problem is anxiety disorders often emanate from drinking. That's the reason why I stopped drinking. Or I should say, I limited drinking to one or so glasses of wine a day. With it my panic attacks disappeared. Topa helped my achieve this goal! I also gradually titrated with Xanax, and I'm off it now. Currently I'm only on 25 mgs Zoloft, and I hope to be off that one in 6 weeks, after having been on both anti-depressants for over one year - thanks to an overly zealous doctor.
                  Paddy
                  Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
                  X