The nose knows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nose knows

Hi. I have a question for all of you long term abstainers. I know the body can heal itself or at least partly undo the damage alcohol abuse causes, but I would like to know if there can be any improvement to a "red nose". You know, the nose that looks like it belongs to a drunk.

Thanks for any input. :thanks:

Mo.

The nose knows

a nose transplant maybe... not sure but there might be a waiting list!
    Or make up?
    BH

Comment

The nose knows

google rosacea -- there are topical ointments that can be used ... also, avoiding the sun and hot beverages and saunas can prevent flair ups...
      Tiny

Comment

The nose knows

Hiya mohun,

in my experience it should go, after you've rehydrated and cooled down from any recent alcohol drinking. it shouldn't remain red past a week - ten days. Unless....there are actually burst blood vessels under the surface which never really go, but can be 'lazered' or zaped away at a beauty place or via the docs (though it might not be free via the docs, not sure). I'm told splashing cold water straight onto the skin (which is refreshing) but apparrently could make it worse. Or it could be a case of the above mentioned Rosacea.
        Also, any oil free skin oil regulating cream may help, by reducing oil production and making your nose pores smaller, which helps with the appearance, but it's trial and error, to see what works for you. If you've burst any little blood vessels,(which isn't serious, at all!) each one would like like a small red spot under the skin. Not treating you like your stupid! I'm sure you know that, but just explaining myself! sorry if I've waffeled! GOOD LUCK!

Comment

The nose knows

My red nose is getting less noticible as time goes by but I was wondering if it will ever be completely normal again?????I pray that it will.....Evie
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

The nose knows

never had bubble nose..red cheeks went away after a month! RED goes away. There are purple noses too, i have seen them. At AA the nose colour goes back to normal..the size ... NO. :H

Comment

The nose knows

I have spider veins on my face. They have not gone away.

I'll just have to spring for the laser treatment one of these days.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The nose knows

ya, i have a few red roots too, nothing a little bondo can't cover. :H

Comment

The nose knows

usually the nose show's signs of liver problems..the face reveals the condition of health a person is in...

Comment

The nose knows

the nose knows!

....my friend had bad spider viens on her cheeks and nose and she had them lazered....the results were amazing.:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                    X