needing a bit o' reassurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks.. I have just received my MWO book and CDs.. spent the day working while I listened to 2/3 CDs.. very calming and peace-inducing.. I like the statements about being in control of drinking and choosing health.. these speak to me a lot more than a powerlessness theory does. I found them very hopeful! I prefer the ones where the guy is actually speaking though, running water makes me have to go to the bathroom?:

I have some fears plaguing me and was hoping some of you could speak to this.. I guess it?s the age-old question of ?is it too late for me?? I have been abusing alcohol big-time for ten years now, and sometimes I wonder if all the damage is already done. It?s not really a ?what?s the point? thing, because I am dedicated to working this program, but I really get nervous when I think of how badly I abused my body for so long.
    Thanks for listening!

Jeannie
    : :

Hi Jeannie!
    So glad you are liking what you have received! As far as the health question goes, I know it's a daunting task, but your doctor will be able to give you some insight into any damage you may have caused with the alcohol. I thought for sure my liver was screaming for mercy, but my doctor insisted on drawing blood for liver function, blood count, and albumin, and as far as I know, nothing was too far out of whack or I would have gotten a call by now, they told me. I will find out for sure when I go for my first re-check on the 22nd. He made a good point that if any levels were where they were not where they were supposed to be, he would expect that to improve within the month and if everything looked good.... my smartass chimed in "well, then I haven't killed myself yet!!!" Exactly!!
    The liver has the power to regenerate cells and heal if you let it. There are also proven herbs, the Milkthistle being one, that encourage that to occur. As far as skin tone, bags under eyes, hydration, energy levels rising, weight loss... well, you notice that stuff within the first few days. I'm a few weeks into it and feel like a different person. I'm down almost 6 pounds and am experiencing all of the above physical symptoms.
    What have you got to lose? Well, I suppose the quesion is: how much MORE do you think THERE IS to GAIN???
    Join us!
    We're here to help any way we can.
    Becca

Comment

I have just been through this. I have had gastric bypass surgery, and am already at risk for malnutrition and vitamin deficiency without doing additional damage with heavy drinking. I refused to go for my annual bloodwork this year because I *knew* I had ruined my body with my drinking and just didn't want to face it.

And to add insult to injury, for the last year, for some reason, I hadn't been taking my supplements, vitamins, estrogen or any other meds I was supposed to be taking......self loathing? Death wish? I don't know.

When I started this program, if nothing else, *at all* was gained, I bought a pill box like RJ suggests, and put my own meds in, plus the ones she suggests, and started taking my meds on a regular basis. I had my blood work done last week......and I'm fine!

A lot of dread, for....nothing!

Now, back to you...you could be fine, in which case moderating your drinking would help you stay healthy longer.

You could have some health effects, which moderating your drinking could help improve.

You could have major health effects, which moderating or stopping your drinking could help improve.

I don't see any way that you can lose

Have you talked to your doctor?

Much hugs and encouragement,

Darlene

Comment

Thanks!

Becca and Darlene, for your inspiring replies. I have gone down this road an embarrassing number of times, and I want health, I want clearer skin, less bagginess, less bloat.. all those things. I stayed away from alcohol for a month once and I felt like a different person. I did have blood work done last summer and my liver panels were fine at that point, let's hope they still are. I am 37 by the way.
        I have started taking milk thistle too. Kudzu I am having a hard time finding, might have to order that over the net.
        Thanks for the positives, you are both so right. What have I got to lose by trying!
        Best,
        Jeannie

Comment

Re: Thanks!

Good for you!

Watch the prices on the milk thistle. I priced it for the heck of it at GNC this weekend, they wanted over twice and it might have been three times what I'm paying doctorstrust for them on the net! The exact same bottle, brand, volume, everything!

Comment

Re: Thanks!

Jeannie,

A friends father, 12 years back, went into rehab. His liver was in such bad shape they did not know if it would ever bounce back or how long he would make it. He went cold turkey after rehab and has never gone back. Today, he is golfing, living, and doing great. It is never too late!

Comment

Working...
            X