Starting Out......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Out......

Hi all. Been skimming these boards for a few hours and this seems like a good program. I have not committed to it (that is, I've made no purchases....) but I have committed to reigning in my love affair with wine. Have not had any since Thursday night...not anxious at all to take any drugs - Topamax. Has anyone had success without? Thanks.

Starting Out......

Welcome!
    This really is a great site, and you will get lots of support here. There are a good many here who do the program without the Topamax for different reasons. Some, like you, would just rather not take a drug that causes side effects, but rather focus on all the other aspects such as the supplements, exercise, CDs, and the supports of posting, reading and encourgement daily here. Others cannot get the prescription due to their doctors will not subscribe it, or they are unable to order it from where they live. There are success stories from those who do and dont take it.

From what I have personally seen, it just takes a little more willpower if you DONT take the Topamax. The Topamax just really cuts down your desire to drink, and when you DO drink, for whatever reason, you get satisfied on a much smaller amount of alcohol, which is why it is great for moderation.

But the the supplements alone really curb your desire for alcohol when you do everything as you are supposed to. The Kudzu really works to control alcohol cravings.

Anyhow, keep asking questions and reading posts... many of us just started "March Madness" and are committing to one month of abstinence. Many of us have not done that in years (like me), and I botched and had one glass of wine last night, but am back on track tonight...

Best of luck!
    Allie

Comment

Working...
    X