Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Thread for 97 Susie

Dear Susie,

I'm inviting you to start your own new thread so that you don't get lost in all the postings. I'm Kathy, and I want to welcome you to MWO! Please tell us a little more about yourself here so that you can get the support that you need and all the cyber hugs your deserve!

Kathy

A Thread for 97 Susie

Susie,
    I saw your comment in the hiding alcohol thread about being a bartender. I was one part time for 5 years. When I told my dr that she said that goes hand-in-hand with alcoholism many times. Interesting huh?

Comment

A Thread for 97 Susie

Thanks Kathy & Marcie!!!
      It's SO good to know someone is here with me. Before I moved to Idaho I had a great doc. He asked me if I felt like bartending caused me to drink to relieve the stress, to which I lied and said no, I only drink on occasion(apparently 75% of bartenders are "alcoholics"). In hindsight I should have been honest cuz he was really cool and probably would of helped. I didn't want to give up the facade so to speak and let him know I drank everyday.
      So, I'd start the shift and we'd get slammed or some jerk customer would push me over the edge. Then I 'd have a drink. Calmimg the nerves. After a while I'd just show up to work and have a drink asap. I worked with someone who also likes the booze. We were partners in crime so to speak. Also very good at not looking intoxicated when we were 6 drinks in or so we thought.:lol
      I feel like I'm purging here and while it's painful, it's also freeing in a weird way.
      I'm leaving to go on the 3 day weekend in about an hour. I'll check in when I get home. THANK YOU SOOOO much for starting this thread. You guys are cool and no doubt saving lives in ways you may never know. Call it devine intervention but somehow I made it here????and just knowing there is support that isn't judgemental is a gift....Thanks again girls. I'll be back Monday p.m or Tuesday a.m.
      Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Susie

Comment

A Thread for 97 Susie

Susie,
        I was almost fired from my bartending job, which was only Saturdays at first and then only every other. My hubby's friend opened a bar and I decided to work there something like 7 years ago. I had a great time.

Sorry, I know this is your thread, but I have a couple stories: The worst drunk night I remember was... New Years Eve 3 years ago. I worked from 8-2am, Drinking the whole time of course. At 2am when I was done(the bar was open until 6am), I sat on the other side of the bar and drank more. Then about an hour later I went into the back room and passed out in a pile of boxes. They had to call my husband to pick me up !!!

One more has nothing to do with drinking, but I'm sure noone has had this happen..... My bar was at street level, there was a second story bar next door. Someone threw an empty half-barrel off the bar deck above and it landed on my car. Imagine that! That was the oddest claim I'm sure my insurance company ever delt with. I only had a $100 deductible and the bar owner came and gave me $90 the next week, he said because we kept the half barrel he kept $10! The cops took the half barrel for evidence, lol

Marcie.

Comment

A Thread for 97 Susie

how does one start a thread? or participate in one? and what does it mean when you have a flashing smiley "Z" by an entry?

happy nite el

Comment

A Thread for 97 Susie

Hi Girls- I made it thru the weekend with a few beers and 3 cocktails. Didn't drink yesterday. Thinking about having one now. Just turbo cleaned the house! Yeah! Want a reward-fighting the urge. Thought I'd come here instead.
            To Elle, I don't know how to start a thread cuz i'm new and actually have problems posting replies i.e, typing 3 paragraghs and then losing it when I don't fill in all the fields???? That's why I was responding to the hiding alcohol thread.
            Anyway, I hope evryone is doing well. Thought of you guys all weekend. So glad to have found you-
            Susie

Comment

Working...
            X