Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

Hi all,

My name is Terri. This is my first post. I have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks. I drink a bottle and a half to two bottles of red wine every night. As many others have posted, I usually have trouble remembering what I was doing at then end of the night. I see myself in so many of the post on this site. It has made me laugh and cry. Luckily I am married and drink at home or I can't imagine what might have happened to me during these times. I hate myself for this behavior. I know my health is suffering. I have been thin and athletic my whole life until the last couple of years. Now I have gained an extra 30 pounds, my blood pressue is high and I have alot of stomach problems. I began self medicating with wine to relieve stress. Now most of the stressful issues are gone from my life but the habbit is so ingrained that I am having a terrible time shaking it.

I have been trying to quit for a couple of years. Have tried Naltroxene, Campral, Prozac and counseling. I think the longest I have gone is 9 days. This is always followed by repeating the same crazy behavior.

I have my book, cds, supplements and Topomax. I have been taking the supplements for a few days. Today is the first day on Topamax. I did the Clearing cd's this morning. I would really like to join the March Madness Group. I know it is not recommended that we go cold turkey but I cannot stand the thought of drinking another night of my life away. My thought is since I have been able to go for several days at a time before that I should be ok. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am so happy that I found this site. I am so hopeful that with all these tools and the support of this group that I can finally beat this beast.

Love and Peace,
    Terri

Greetings

Welcome, Terri

I find the clearing CD very, very helpful when I'm stressed or can't sleep.

Congratulation on having the courage to want to change!

Darlene

Comment

Greetings

Terri,
      You sound a LOT like me... love that red wine! Always grappled at the grocery store whether to "discipline" myself to buy one small bottle, or bite the bullet and buy the large bottle telling myself I wouldnt drink it all. Always would if i bought it, but yet one small one was never enough. visicous cycle.

I would say go ahead and jump on board with the March madness... you may not have had as much time to "psyche" yourself up so to speak, but better that you have a goal ahead of you and risk the possibility of ACHIEVING it, than not taking the risk at all! If you blow it some, so what... get up and jump back on with us... better than drinking every night.

I wish you all the luck in the world, and know that many of us (including me) who are doing the March madness are still battling with drinking too, and have not gone that long in YEARS. So we have our fingers crossed as well... it will be quite a ride, but jump on train with us.... we will be here for you!!

Allie

Comment

Greetings

Terri,

Welcome to March Madness! If you just started topa today NOW is the best time to go for your 30 days! You are on all the supps plus cd's. Give it a try...what do you have to loose. Welcome aboard! My drink of choice is beer so I can't relate to the wine, but I sure can relate to alot of drinking...I am scared also and wonder if I can do it! But I found that I was taking moderation a bit to far and want to get back to drinking socially only. So for me I need to give it up for awhile. Good Luck and welcome...post as much as you need and reading others has helped you I see!

Best wishes,
        Tammie

Comment

Greetings

Thanks for the reply Darlene.

Terri

Comment

Greetings

Allie,

Thanks so much for your reply. It really meant alot and gives me much hope. Wow, what a powerful feeling it is talking about this with people who understand. I am so glad I got the courage to post today. I am in for March Madness.

You are right on, the small bottle is never quiet enough and the big bottle is always trouble.

Terri

Comment

Greetings

Tammie,

Thanks for the encouragement. I am relieved to get the feedback to jump right in. I am so excited to have new friends to take this journey with. I am so ready to get off this merry-go-round. In for March Madness.

Terri

Comment

Working...
              X