Newbie seeking friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie seeking friends

I have been hiding in the outskirts for a while. I admire everyone here for openness. I now feel so alone. My mom is dying of cancer, my only brother is going insane, I wish I was healthy enough to join the program, but I can't gather whatever it takes to go forward. I feel like a hub for everyone's anger -- my grown kids for feeling apart from their grandmother, my crazy grandmother (I have unresolved parent issues, by the way). I want to be healthier, but don't have much of a support system right now. Thanks for being here, though.

Newbie seeking friends

tag, everyone is here for support. I have a great group of new friends that know exactly what I go through. Welcome to the group and we are all here to help

Marcie

Comment

Newbie seeking friends

Thanks, I appreciate that. How do you get started when there is so much junk in the way that is unavoidable (e.g. parents dying, siblings not available, kids needing a mom who is totally perfect and available, but I can't provide that). I guess there is therapy, I have been there before, I just feel good knowing there is a group who can listen to me without judgment. I am just glad knowing I am not alone.

Comment

Newbie seeking friends

Hi Tag: This is something I postee today in another section: but I also identify with you so I wanted to respond by pasting it in as follows: it is weird at first when yu ar figuringour computer stuff - but it gets better and you are absolutely in the right place from my expereince so far. I am a psychtherapist..who began drinking. I Do IDENTIFY with you and am looking for even more peole I have a special connection with. Glad you are here:..... I posted the following on the "health care spot" too... in case you do not go there (still getting oriented with this.) Hi All: Thank you for your responses, the time you take to write and be supportive. I hope I can be this also. Today I find since the mere contact of this sight - finding a strength - in recognition that I am not alone. My work is very isolating and so are my living circumstances at times.
        I know - not THINK - that being in health care can often be isolating and even when not working one on one each day, even friends can tap you "dry" (not the kind of DRY I am looking for!) for advice and help and opinions: if it happens to be what they don't want to hear (different from a client relationship) it just creates problem(s). I have such a genuine yearning to sit and talk and visit with others and laugh or cry on an even level... so I isolate myself more and don't talk to anyone anymore. It never helps if you are attractive, and/or accomplished where women friends are concerned (I know that sounds terrible). The imagined competition - that doesn't exist in my mind and I sincerely do not understand, - does not feel supportive and loving. Anyway - I just needed to say that because I feel like I can here, in this venue. Beginning to drink has helped me with that isolation to feel good. There are other circumstances as in living rurally, being alone a lot. I have totally withdrawn when I am not working. I have even determined I don't want to work anymore in this field. I know I have a lot of work to do on myself. On the POSITIVE side see this as an oportunity for growth and change. My sobs are to be heard on a HEART and SOUL level: not an intellectual or strategic level: I believe that has to be part of the strategic solution - first and foremost. (here I go!......) Thanks for your honesty, being here and providing this space. With Love and Blessings to all who hurt. E

Comment

Newbie seeking friends

Newbie seeking friends

Hi Tag,
          I have just come through one of the most incredibly devastating 2 years of my life.. my mother was dying and my family .. indeed whole world fell apart. Mum died in April last year and I never resolved a lot of things either. Well now I'm trying to figure it all out and make a new start. I say this just to show you how much I identify with your post. If you are registered, you can send email to me any time through the ezyboard. This is more personal.. I've only just started using it as it takes a little time to find out who you connect with. Although many people you don't know can benefit enormously from deep and honest posts, it's lovely to be able to discuss some things in private too.
          Hope you talk to us lots.
          Thinking of you.
          MFM

Comment

Newbie seeking friends

Hey Tag,

You will find that most of us are your friends, sight unseen. You are going through a particularly hard time right now, but on this site you can find support, comfort, understanding, and even laughter. Reach out and let us be there for you. I'm sure you have a lot to offer, as well.

Hugs,
            Kathy

Comment

Newbie seeking friends

Today is day one for me and I just broke up with my boyfriend Monday. I've noticed when I drink, my problems get worse and new ones are created like lowered self esteem, feel crappy phyisically, loneliness etc... My problems don't even compare to what you're going through so I don't know what it's like, but you're on the right track. I don't think there ever is a right time to start this and I think when you do, the lighter your load will be. Keep posting too, it will help give you more support.

Comment

Newbie seeking friends

Hi Tag-
                I'm new to this site as well. I just found it yesterday.
                I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom & brother. I lost my Mom to diabetes a few years ago. It's tough, but remember, you're not alone. You will get thru it.
                I'm going to keep coming to this on-line "community" because it seems like everyone of these people really do care. I'm not even close to getting myself sober but I'm trying. My thoughts are with you-
                Susie

Comment

Working...
                X