Getting frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting frustrated!

Ok guys, I'm getting a little frustrated here. I have been eating better, (more veggies, fruits, fish, less breads, chips, crackers, red meat NO BEER) and working my arse off in the garden, etc. Why won't the weight come off? I know, I know, the scale doesn't tell it all! But I still have my beer belly fat. I realize my thunder thighs won't go away without some serious work!

The only time the dial went left was when I was doing the colon cleanse and on a pretty much liquid/fruit/veggie diet only. It's crept up slowly ever since--and I definately am moving more.

According to The "Daily Plate" log I'm keeping, I'm about right calorie wise-and calorie burning wise. The only time I went over, and I mean WAY over, was Mother's day--and that was mainly because of the beer I consumed.

One would think that going from 700-1000 calories from beer almost daily to 0---there should be some weight loss shouldn't there??? :upset:
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Getting frustrated!

Have you had you thyroid and sugar checked?

Comment

Getting frustrated!

Great question, I hadn't thought of that. I haven't had any tests done for a year. I might ask my Dr. about that. Would explain the lack of energy also! Thanks!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Getting frustrated!

I think that would be a great place to start. Have some blood work done first to see if it is your thyroid and/or blood sugar levels.

Comment

Getting frustrated!

Get a bicycle and ride it every day. Build up to riding more than an hour two or three times a week. It will jump start your metabolism. The body starts burning fat after an hour of exercise and keeps burring fat afterward. It won't be long before you are modeling for Victoria's Secret. You will have more energy too.

Comment

Getting frustrated!

My kids tell me i am wasting my time on the bike at the gym, but it makes me feel great!! I agree with FloridaBoy, ride ride ride,....ok, making me motivated to get to the gym on this dreary day

Comment

Getting frustrated!

Cycling is great non-impact aerobic exercise. The endorphines generated take your mind off of AL.

Comment

Getting frustrated!

I try to do the elliptical as well but I agree with you about cycling, the last time i went on vacation i was able to bike 11 miles around the island and felt great!!!! Now with the nice weather I should buy one to ride outside!!!

Comment

Getting frustrated!

OK, I will get my bike out and dust it off. Might be a nice change of pace from walking.

I failed to mention I have lost weight in my fingers--from all the typing I do here!:H

Comment

Getting frustrated!

LVT25;330724 wrote: OK, I will get my bike out and dust it off. Might be a nice change of pace from walking.

I failed to mention I have lost weight in my fingers--from all the typing I do here
                    !:H
                    My head has shrunk from reading posts aloud.

Dust that bike off, lube the chain and go find Toto.

I was serious about the fat burning and metabolism increase. I am riding a lot myself and have lost 18 pounds. Have about 7- 10 more to lose.

If anyone wants a used bike just check your local Craig's list.

Comment

Getting frustrated!

Floridaboy,

What type of bike do you have? I have been "eyeing" bikes, but am not sure what to get. I dont know where I would ride if I had to ride for an hour! My subdivision takes about 10 minutes to ride through and the major blvd I would have to pull out on is daunting. I wish I had bike trails close by. I do have the beach (I live in Florida too), but by the time I load the bike up, go to the beach, ride for an hour, come home.... when would I get anything done?

I was curious if you have a "cyclist" bike or a mountain bike, or a beach cruiser...
                      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Getting frustrated!

LVT25;330724 wrote: OK, I will get my bike out and dust it off. Might be a nice change of pace from walking.

I failed to mention I have lost weight in my fingers--from all the typing I do here!:H
                        Hi LVT25,

I do agree i enjoy taking my bike out for a ride.
                        But Just dont do what i did yesterday try to go up the kerb sideways and fell over. :upset:
                        I think i need to take up BMX lessons, learn how to pull that handle bar up.:H before i go up that kerb.
                        P.s Good for the kneees as well.

Enjoy your bike ride.

Love
                        Teardrop.x
                        family is everything to me

Comment

Getting frustrated!

If this wind ever quits blowing 40 mph I will get that bike out. I guess I'll have to go to the fitness center until the weather straightens out!

Thanks for all the advice and support!

Comment

Getting frustrated!

LVT25 - good for you!!!! I went to the gym yesterday and did a little over 7 miles!!! Unfortunately I don't have a 'real' bike to ride but i should go out and get one, that way i can bike to the gym and save on gas and get exercise as well.......lol about the fingers!!! i think that might go for a lot of us

Comment

Getting frustrated!

LVT25;331088 wrote: If this wind ever quits blowing 40 mph I will get that bike out. I guess I'll have to go to the fitness center until the weather straightens out!

Thanks for all the advice and support!
                              Don't let a little wind bother you Dorothy. You have to find Toto.

Comment

Working...
                              X