Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Beer

Love Beer, love sports. Once I start, I cannot stop. Weak bitch
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Love Beer

The negative self-talk won't help you any.

Try calling yourself a 'strong bitch' instead.

Getting started is the hardest part. Stick around here and get some momentum.... strength.... and support. You can do this.

Comment

Love Beer

I was the same way at one time, told everyone how much I loved beer. But I knew I had to get to a better place with drinking and have done it little by little. AFM is right we are strong, take a walk, stand tall OK

You are good, just need to reevaluate,

Sammys

Comment

Love Beer

I lurve beer too, but only a couple of certain brands................ so, I use the aversion method.... buy a truly revolting beer you don't like, and hopefully you'll ask yourself "why am I drinking this dreadful beer." and learn to dislike it. That method helped me stop smoking way back in 1989. And most certainly I will only have a couple of mouthfulls of a truly horrible beer. The trick is not to have a stash of your preferred tipple hidden away. Or better still, have a warm beer. (This doesn't apply to those living in the UK)
        Love sports......... doing it or vegging in front of the TV?
        Weak person?... only if you keep telling yourself so.
        Start telling yourself you are a strong person. ..... keeping your liver, brain and body healthy.

Comment

Love Beer

Rags;330354 wrote: Or better still, have a warm beer. (This doesn't apply to those living in the UK)
          :H :H
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Love Beer

Thank u for all of your support and suggestions. I will try anything at this point
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Love Beer

:welcome:

Disease? Disorder? Genetic? Or are are we just 'different' when it comes to AL? I have never been able to moderate or have a firm grip on AL. Ever. I tried to fit in and be like people that can. I do not know if I am physically addicted. I do know that my life is much better w/o AL. As long as I do not drink I am in control of my life. Once I realized that *I* was not the only one it became much easier to accept. I have told my friends that I have stopped drinking because it was not doing me any good. Most of them thought little of it. Some of them should stop too. Anyone that has an issue with my choice is not a friend.

I found this site, read a lot of posts and grabbed the steering wheel. It was that simple for me. You can do it too. You will :h :l yourself for doing it.

Comment

Working...
              X