Men on Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men on Board

I'm absolutely delighted to find that more men have come on board. Please keep posting and talking and telling your stories in order to entice other men to "come out" and admit they have a problem and ask for help.

I know a lot of guys who could so do with some assistance but misplaced male bravado prevents them from acknowledging that there is a problem. The ostrich mentality is alive and well and living in the head of the alcoholic. I know all about that!

I have not involved my partner (also a heavy drinker) in my journey towards moderation. I have not referred him to this site because I know his reaction would be along the lines of ... oh yeah ... it's a "secret-womens'-business" club. He would be intimidated by the honesty of the posts, the genuine gut-wrenching pleas for help and the euphoric tales of success - whether short-term or long - that the women are offering. He might, however, become curious if there were more posts from men telling their stories honestly and openly.

Alcoholism is not gender-specific.

Thank you steve, dad and rem. We need you. Lead the way.

Tawny

Men on Board

Here Here say I and Well Said Tawny!
    Men also have very different health issues and would do well to find each other & compare notes.. it's a complicated business but well worth the effort from what I can see by other people's successes on these boards.
    Good Luck All!
    MFM

Comment

Working...
    X