On my way to the store....;{

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im trying to find something to keep me from running up to the store to get my bottle of wine........so...here I am but I know it's too late. My drinking thinking part of my brain is already hell bent on drinking.....lol...gotta blame it on something. Im gonna post back when I get back from the store. Im looking forward to hangin with you all in this life long struggle to find piece of mind. Talk later ;}

goin to the store...

I understand...

I am on vacation for the weekend in North Carolina. I did great last night, but on the way back to the hotel tonight, we had to drive right past "Total Wine", my favorite store! (We just moved from here 6 months ago). They dont have one where we live --- not that I cant buy wine, but they have my favorite at this store for the best price ever. Couldnt resist. Told myself "Im on vacation.. it's okay!" Anyhoo.... I'm on glass two. Hoping to just have one more, and go to bed. Big day tomorrow... need to feel good. Somehow just knowing "I have it" makes me feel better. Pathetic huh?

Have a great weekend, and even though you obviously went to get it, just dont feel you have to drink it all just because its there. Better to have two or three glasses than none at all. Hope I do well too! Allie

Comment

Cool.........ditto!

Thanks for replying...........on my 3rd glass now. Yea, it takes almost any excuse to get rollin on the wine..lol! My problem is I just can't have 3.....I have to have a bottle and a couple beers no matter what!!........I hate that! This is why if I quit it has to be for good as in, not every now and then, like some people I know can do. With me it's a daily struggle. I wish I could be the type to just have two glasses of wine once a week...........yea right. I think the only way this will happen is if I can be comfortable in my own skin no matter what the situation. ALthough I love the feeling of a good buzz and am not sure if it's really a insecurity thing..........oh hell! Still need time to figure this one out lol! As allot of people say on this sight Im glad to have found it and to know Im not the only one. ;} :rollin

Comment

one more thing

Oh yes, I ment to say on your comment on how just having it makes you feel better. Well, I was a moody bitch until I had that bottle of wine in my car ready to take home. I remember thinking, now I can relax, and I hadn't even had a glass yet........just the thought of it in my presents made me happier. It is kinda pathetic eh.......:rolleyes

Comment

back from the store

Okay, confessions... on glass four, but am going to bed now!

Got the giggles.

Allie

Comment

hee hee

5 now for me......lol!!:lol

Comment

hee hee

Couldn't resist.. I used to live a few blocks from a bottle shop called "Nirvana"
              I used to have to go to Nirvana every night.. sometimes two or three times!!
              MFM

Comment

Day one, high noon, starving for a beer

Hello all,

I would normally have put away the 18 pk yesterday, but I only managed 15. I decided today was the day to quit. As was standing with the fridge door open and drooling over the remaining three beers, I decided to close the door and simply come on here and write about it. Man I could sure suck the bottom out of all three right now. I sure hope the supps get here soon. After 30 years of drinking, this is going to be a tough fight.

rem

Comment

Re: Day one, high noon, starving for a beer

Hi rem,

It is a very tough fight...the supps take the edge off. Do you live near a Vitamin shoppe? You could pick up some Kudzu or L-glute... Also I found that I could not have any beer in my house at all. I was a big beer drinker also, little me could easily put down 12 to 18 a day. I switched to coffee and diet Mt.dew. Topa does make the Diet Dew taste funny but I can live with that. Hang in there. You might want to open the fridge and dump them out quick and try not to breath...lol! (just my opinion...) Good luck, you can do it! We are all here for you!

Take Care,
                  Tammie

Comment

Re: Day one, high noon, starving for a beer

Hi Rem!
                    Nice to meet ya.
                    I'm on day 5 of abstainance (longest in over 4 yrs). whoo hoo!! Anyhow, I know a lot of the others on the board disagree with me on this one (sorry, guys), but drinking the NA beers works quite well for me. ODoules Amber actually does taste like beer, not skunky like reg. Odoules. I can have one or two, it satisfies the need for the flavor of beer, it satisfies the feeling of holding the bottle of beer, but then when you don't get the buzz, you're like "ok, I'm done..good enough". My dad is a big drinker too, and he'll go through periods of abstainance, usually to lose weight, and he will drink the NA's too.
                    I know some people disagree, cuz they are trying to get rid of the whole booze ideation, change mindset, etc. I totally understand and appreciate that. Something for everyone, right?
                    Just thought I'd give you my 2 cents!
                    Best of luck! I'm thinking about ya!
                    Becca

Comment

Working...
                    X