Just need to vent please--note to memarcie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't post very often, but read practically everyday (when I'm not out of town).

All of you here are very courageous, so helpful, and supportive. Which helps, but sometimes hurts because I feel like none of those things. I have had to cancel two drs appts due to being out of town so am not on prescription (not sure whether I'm going Topa or Camphal--sp) Not doing the cds as I should either. I just want to get my act together--I know and I will. It's difficult for me because my husband drinks (want him to do the program w/ me; but when I ask, he just smiles and shrugs) It would really help if he would stop drinking or moderate w/ me. I've been taking the supps, which helped in the beginning, but feel I'm going back to where I was. I feel hopeless, helpless. Maybe it's time to get back into counseling (you think--LOL--I crack myself up.

Just having a bad day--thanks for allowing me to vent. Thanks very much for your posts and thanks to all in the chatroom.

A special note to Marcie whose post I read earlier. You are such a strong person, you have soooooo very much going for you. I know you will pull yourself out of whatever you're in--we all deserve happiness and putting this poison called alcohol into our bodies is not it. There is much, much more to life.

You all are in my prayers. Good thoughts to all of you.

Sved

Thanks for thinking of me Sved, I know(or at least hope) that I will pull my self out of this. While I have been drinking the last couple days, its nothing like I used to do.

Best of luck to you as well, your post proves to me that you ARE courageous, helpful, and supportive as well. I hope you can talk you husband into joining you on this or at least being there to support your decision.

Marcie

Comment

Hi Sved,
      Really glad you did vent in the end.. I was worried about you. I'm going to do a new post about my hobbyhorse.. drinking & depression & diet.. hope you're feeling heaps better soon. One Idea I thought maybe.. if you convince yourself you're going to go really well on this program and you get some 'motivation' music or tapes.. (that's what I'm doing) maybe check out your diet and see what you can get to help with the depression... (I just ordered a heap of supps) and you will start feeling really good.. exercising and everything.. starting to walk around with a smile on your face.. picture this.. so your hubby might get jealous and actually want to find out more?? He might think 'how come she's so happy and I'm not' .. And Ta Da! Go on the program too!!! Maybe you can turn this whole thing around!! I know you're having a bad day but I feel sure it will pass and things will get better.
      Hang in there and keep posting.. I'm finding heaps of support here .. we're all in this together so this has got to work..
      I'm on your team matey!!
      Love & hugs,
      MFM

Comment

drinking

hi I am new but in s... up to my elbows have any of you ever found any good in this program,,, I will try it for sure if it works you will all know ,, you know why because for me it is do or die,,,,please if anyone has done this and how e-mail me,,, I am at the end of my rope,,, hope it works ,, please write me .Linda

Comment

Re: drinking

Hi Linda.. Welcome!
          I'm still trying to get all the stuff together to start but it sure works for most people on this site.. I found this site a month ago and I just worked out how to register & get into chat room today.. talked to some for who it's working, some who're having a bad day.. but everyone's keeping on trying.. and it's really good to have the support.. especially on the bad days.
          I reckon if you really need it to it will work.. just keep on trying.. reading this site.. get an education and start applying it to yourself. Everyone is HUGE support here.. we're all in the same boat.. no judgement, no shame.. it's all about looking after yourself.. nutrition, supplements, finding a Doctor to support you through it, etc.. Have you got your book yet? I was a bit lost until I got my book.
          Good you found us.. keep in touch! Good Luck!
          MFM

Comment

just trying this for the first time today myself. there are no promises in anything and different ways for different people - the most important thing that remains the same is the WILL to make it different. we are not hopless over our lives.
            please write if you want.
            elle

Comment

Hi Elle,
              Good on you for being so positive.
              I, like you, believe anything is possible and WANTING a good future is a key ingredient.. then TRYING is the next step..
              These boards are Brilliant!!
              I'm thinking we might be online at the same time?
              Could you try chat?
              Keep in touch anyhow.
              MFM

Comment

Linda,
                I would really encourage you to get registered first. Its so simple. Once you are registered, you will have your own private mailbox here, so we can write you in addition to these posts. Also, you can access the chat room, which I find to be a huge source of encouragement, and you get to know others more personally.

As far as wanting to know for sure if this program works; it DOES work, but it is different as to how quick and which parts of the program help different people the most... some credit the CDs, others the Kudzu, others the Topamax, and as I have not received any of that yet, I am finding HUGE progress in my own life simply from reading the posts and interacting with everyone here. So much of why we drink is psychological reasons, and feeling alone and like we cant tell anyone -- our secret sin. But here, so much of that gets eliminated, and it is amazing how powerful that is in and of itself. You will not be dissapointed here. No, you wont be fixed "overnight". This is not a magic pill, but it does work unlike anything I have ever found, and its actually a BLAST to be a part of this. I find myself on this site multiple times every day... like right now, when I should be working!!! BE ENCOURAGED MY FRIEND!!

Allie

Comment

First Day

Hi,
                  Today will be the first day that I try to quit. I made it for two weeks once, but this time I have got to try harder. Would love to get e-mails with any suggestions you have.
                  Thanks

Comment

Re: First Day

Hi Paintstrokes,

Welcome and congrats on making it for two weeks before. That is a huge step. If you register I would love to send you some e-mails.(you do have to be registered to receive e-mails here) You can do that on the main forum page in the upper left hand corner. Otherwise as far as suggestions... Were the two weeks on this program...Do you have to book? I would get the book, supps, cd's and Topa if you are interested in that route. That has really helped me. Plus reading all the wonderful information on this site. You can always e-mail me with questions if you are more comfortable that way also, plus chat is great also. Everyone is here to help. Thanks for posting and it is nice to meet you.

Tammie

PS -- Do you like to paint...as you id states? I use to like to dabble in craft painting, not very good, but it keeps me busy. I need to pick that up again as a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                    X