didn't make it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't make it

Here I am...wondering how pathetic I sound...can't sleep, again. I even wonder what you guys think of me. I'm new and I haven't read the book ( when the hell is that book going to get here?) I even think you wonder why I'm posting on your site...

Boy alcohol does a number on you, doesn't it? Did we all start to drink because of insecurities?

Not drunk but, I drank too much again last night... It's an every other day thing lately. I hate what it does to my sleep patterns. I'm tired of having a great productive day and then a rotten one. It feels like on my sober day (the day after I didn't drink so much) I get so much accomplished but by the end of the day I am so anxious, I need a drink to pull me down and then it's off to the restraunt bars to see friends and drink and gab. Then I know why I drink....I can't imagine myself talking to all those people without a drink. I am mucccchhh more interesting with a few drinks consumed. If I could stay home locked in my house, I wouldn't drink....

tired and tired of talking, I wish I could like myself enough to realize, I may be OK without a drink.

BW

|I |I

didn't make it

hi bw! this is your site too! we're all here for the same reason,i too need to learn how to like myself more as YOU pointed out to me yesterday:lol with support and people to talk to we'll get there in the end i'm sure! talk to you later .jenny.

Comment

didn't make it

can too make it!

Hey BW,
      We might not get it right the first, 2nd, or 3rd, time... but who's counting?LOL ? I think as long as we pick our selves up & try again we're still on the road to success. I have so many conflicting ideas at any given moment of the day... One minute I'm up@ 5:AM for a nice healthy sunrise bike ride, then I have this insane split second thought, "Hey I could chug a beer b-4 I go ride, that'd make it more fun! Duh! Where do these thoughts come from?
      Thank God I decided to check out the posts while waiting for it to get light,(instead of the beer), I'd of probably just peed my pants on the golf course
      anyway! That's always a lovely way to start the day!
      We can make it! Hugs, Judie

Comment

didn't make it

Re: can too make it!

Hey BW!
        I certainly agree with Jenny and Judie. You definately sound like you belong here, and I can only speak for myself, (but I betcha others agree), that it is so nice to see each new person join us and share their struggles, successes, and anything else that happens to pop into our heads!!
        I don't know when you officially stop being a "newbie", I'm going on 12 days with the program. 6 going on 7 of them without a drop of alcohol. (the math... I want to create a thread just for that!!) I guess I figure if I'm HALF sober, that's better than all the way drunk!:lol
        I want to keep improving, too. Just got my book monday and it's so much to think about and be proactive about.

Hey everyone, did you see the new section in the companion products tab (pretty sure it's new).? About buying the MWO supps all in one group? That is wonderful! No more searching around for the stuff.

RJ, ONE little thing, are we going to be able to purchase items separately, or are they just coming as a kit right now? I have half of the items right now. Just wondering. The HALF I have are HALF gone already!!!

I'm going for 2/3rds or 3/4 next week. OK, I'll stop.
        too early for calculus.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and a HUGE WELCOME to BW!
        Becca

PS: the calms forte DOES help sleeping. Felt very relaxed last night. Now if I can only keep my 4 yr old in his bed...

Comment

didn't make it

Re: can too make it!

Hi, gang.

BW, (and anyone else who has ordered the book and is awaiting its arrival)...we can provide the online PDF to you so you can read it immediately. We generally ship products the same day we receive orders, so your wait shouldn't be too much longer. I often email individuals about this privately to their EZInbox, but figured it might be better to mention it here. Just drop me a line if you'd like the electronic version.

Also, yes, regarding the bundled supps that are now available: we haven't made a formal announcement because our kudzu doesn't arrive until next week and it's an important part of the kit. We're also in the process of upgrading our Companion Products site (it will be newly dubbed our "Health Store").

But many folks seem to have found out about it already and are ordering products like mad. We're shipping books and CDs as we usually do; we can send the amino acid products (will be providing updated research soon), but the Starter Packs and Extreme Packs probably won't be mailed until next week. The Starter Pack includes all the supplements required for the first six weeks--with a month supply of ALL One, Original Formula--and the Extreme Pack includes all of the above, plus the "Control Drinking in Social Events CD" and L-Glutamine.

The response has been pretty amazing and we are thrilled to be able to provide everything in one place.

Becca, to answer your question: we are not yet ready to sell individual supps outside of the L-Glutamine, GABA, Amino Complete or Kudzu Rescue. Sorry about that. We may be able to enhance our inventory before long--we have some other very exciting products, as well. Until then, I am recommending members go to Now Foods site to 'fill in' what's missing--they provide a store locator tool and you can even purchase products online from them. And if you use Googe's Froogle, you can often find a really good reasonably priced source for the Calm's Forte.

Thanks for sharing this info.

RJ

Comment

didn't make it

Hi BW:

Jenny and Judie said it best! We'll all get there enventually, and we always get another chance to get up and do it again!

You've come to the right place.

Welcome,
            Brandy

Comment

didn't make it

Aussies

Do you have any advice for Australians trying to source the supplements? My GP thinks perhaps it might be illegal for him to prescribe topirimate for anything other than what he is supposed to in this country (epilepsy). Still waiting to see him next week, but also having trouble getting Kudzu here.
              MFM

Comment

didn't make it

Re: Aussies

Hi myfavouritemartian

I gave up and ordered my kudzu from MWO - quite expensive with postage (about $94AU) but at least I can stop looking for it.

Comment

didn't make it

Re: Aussies

OOps ... sorry, should have said that was for kudzu x 2.

Comment

didn't make it

Didn't make it either

Yesterday was bad.

Started early and often.

Had to be put to bed....or so I'm told, I don't remember.

Got up this morning, took my sups, took my AllOne and hypnoed like mad.

I have all the pieces of the program but the topa, and its on the way

I'm just going to keep on trying

It just seemed necessary to own up....

Comment

didn't make it

Re: Didn't make it either

Don't give up Darlene. It's a new day and you have already done so much! Any time I had a hangover, I would just want to sleep. Good for you and your determination to start over! Will be thinking of you today! Gina

Comment

didn't make it

Thanks!

BTW, hypno works great on curing a hangover......

:

Comment

didn't make it

Good for you! And you are not "starting over" - you are just beginning and continuing on your way - I think it is a process! I haven't tred the hypno tapes for a hangover - acupunture works but that is expensive! Once you've got the tapes - quick, cheap, good!

Cyber hugs,
                          Adria

Comment

didn't make it

You are right Adria. Bad choice of words....yes, this is an ongoing process. That is for sure!! Take care! Gina

Comment

didn't make it

Gina, Whoops, sorry, didn't know my comment sounded critical of your words! You're always so supportive of everyone! But when it comes to ourselves and our drinking, we really beat ourselves up, don't we? If we had cancer, we wouldn't expect ourselves to control it without help, or go get a white chip if we relapsed. Now that we've got these wonderful tools, I've still had some relapses, so I'm learning to use the tools better. Who'd'v thunk? Keep up the good work, girl!!!

Adria

Comment

Working...
                              X