Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

I started the MWO program on Jan 19th and it's working! I do the whole program with very little modification.

AllOne -- Like it a lot; Supps -- Take all in the book (same dosage & brands);
    Topa -- No side affects until 75/100 mg; then mild cog/fog, but I'm ok with it.
    Exercise -- Yep, 4/5 times week (did that before);
    Diet - Had terrible pasta cravings first 2 weeks, finally gone; Eating pretty well. Weight: lost 5 Lbs
    CDs -- modified to accommodate my travel; I think this is an important part of the program.

My goal is Moderation. I drink 2 glasses of wine now on Fri, Sat & Sun. I no longer drink during the week (exception special occasions). Just a choice I've made for now.

Before MWO, a typical week would be: 3-5 glasses of wine Mon-Fri, & Sat/Sun, 4-6 beers in the afternoon, followed by 4-5 glasses of wine at night. I drank everyday.

I have to admit I can hardly believe this ... my husband can hardly believe this. Do I get cravings sometimes? Yes. But, I remember what some of the other more experienced with MWO have said, "They work through it". So, I work through it. I just tell myself, "That's not like me".

Thank you RJ!!! This program was a perfect fit for me. (Somehow, thank you just doesn't seem to be enough).

Grace

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

Gracie, this message is thanks enough. I am so thrilled for you and love to "relive" my own joy (and surprise) early on when I realized this program would change my life in such a profound way. Can't tell you what it means to see it through the eyes of so many others.

Keep up the excellent work--your words have undoubtedly inspired many. This addiction can be overcome. You are living proof!

RJ

Comment

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

Makes you wonder how long until the rest of the world realizes that AA is not the only route to overcoming this!

Comment

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

wow

Wow, this is the kind of inspiration I need! yay! I can't wait to start the program!

Comment

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

Re: wow

congrats Gracie....way to go! Can't wait to be able to do a post like that soon
          BW

Comment

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

AA's stancew on this

Yes, AA is NOT the only way. Not only that - AA requires stringently that you don't take ANYTHING to help you through - even frm the health food store. I remember well telling an AA meeting about Valerian - OOPS!It has worked for so many - and that is a good thing: but it doesn't work for everyone. It is so good that there are other options that didn't exist before. We are not all the same - just as the same jacket will look wonderful on 2 people but awful on others. As long as it helps some - it is good. But there should be no reason that others can't try on other methods. You know yourself better than anyone. Andit is not "one size fits all".
            Good for you.
            Elle

Comment

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

Re: AA's stancew on this

Thanks all!!! I'm sure there are different ways to attack this problem, but what's most important is finding something that works for you. Several things attracted me to MWO, a). doing the program in private, b). ability to strive for moderation, c). it included vitamins/diet/exercise (i.e. healthy) and all that made sense to me. Forever Grateful to MWO, Gracie

Comment

Going On Week 5 - Woohoo

YAY!

Yay Gracie!!
                So great to hear from you. I've been feeling really depressed so I'm truly grateful - You really give me hope.
                I'm still waiting for supps & trying to talk to my doc about meds.. not much luck just yet.
                Please keep up your inspiring & encouraging posts.
                MFM

Comment

Working...
                X