Good morning!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning!!

Last night was night 2--and I have to tell someone about this; I was meeting friends and their son for dinner; they are usually non-drinkers so I felt safe, but got nervous anyway so I took more L-glut and kudzu an hour or so before. Anyhow, I figured I ordered iced tea until we got there and they each ordered a margarita . . . gulp. So of course I ordered a drink, but decided on something non-sweet (things like brandy alexanders and such are no-nos for me, it's the "milk-shake" complex, if it's a yummy creamy drink I literally sip at it non-stop). Anyhow I got a whisky and ginger ale drink, didn't start drinking it until they were a third of the way through their drinks, then starting sipping, it somehow didn't taste good to me. But why waste a good drink, right? Anyhow, I finished slowly, didn't really have to think about it, and as we were ready to leave I still had about a third of the drink left so I picked it up ready to suck it back, took a sip and something in the head said "why?" so I put it back down and left. And did not stop at the liquor store for more on the way home. I just kept thinking about how good yesterday morning felt not being hungover, or more accurately, still drunk, as I usually am.

I don't even have the topa or CDs yet, just the vitamins and supplements, although I did purchase (about a month ago) a software program for my computer that flashes subliminal messages on the screen in little letters, and I added a little program of my own about the drinking. And to top it off, I didn't even really feel anything from that drink, although you could definitely taste the alcohol. Is that the kudzu? Whatever it is, I can't wait for the CDs to reinforce this sudden switch in thinking so I can keep it going. Hugs to you all, this is a wonderful site, actually you all were very much on my mind last night too!! Thanks!!!
    Ter

Good morning!!

Re: Good morn ing!

Hey Ter! Way to go! Way to go! Way to go! Keep patting yourself on the back!

Adria

Comment

Good morning!!

Re: Good morn ing!

Ter,
      You are off to a great start!! It sounds to me like your commitment played a role last night too (and perhaps supps or kudzu a little). Just hearing you describe your thoughts, e.g. "why finish the drink" sounds like you are jumping in to this program with both feet!!!!

Good For You!!!!!

Gracie

Comment

Good morning!!

way to go!

Awesome job, Ter!
        Keep it up!
        We'll keep cheering each other on through this thing. I'll be thinking about you all tonight at the wine tasting (remember: insert doom music). Actually, as twisted as it seems, I am truely looking forward to the challenge! Maybe it's the topa, but I am excited about it!
        For the one little :evil on my shoulder, there's all of you little guardian angels on my other one!
        The devil is toast tonight.
        Ha!
        Becca

Comment

Good morning!!

Re: ... and furthermore

Last night I had my first take-away hamburger on a Saturday night since Noah built the Arc! Lapsed vegetarian? Moral objection to junk food? Nope.

Last night was the first Saturday night I was totally sober and able to drive the 5 mile round trip to procure said object. At 7.00pm!! The smile on my dial could have frightened small children. I ate the burger and drank 1, one, uno, ein glass of wine. For the rest of the night.

Thank god for this board because "who could you tell?"

Comment

Good morning!!

Re: ... and furthermore

Thanks for the cheers, guys!! The support here is awesome!! And Becca, you can do it, believe me, if I can. Tawnyfrog, isn't that what so great about this board, because who CAN you tell??

Hugs to you all, tonight I am definitely not going to drink at all, why push it, right? Besides, I feel so great today (as I did yesterday) that I just don't want to f- it up!!

Cheers to us all!
            Ter

Comment

Good morning!!

Ter;

Good for you! Sounds like you're on your way..

:rollin

Brandy

Comment

Good morning!!

Tawny,
                I'm lovin the burger post!! Big smile on my face reading that one! Awesome job!
                May we all be capable of driving many a saturday night for a burger, or, why not? a new pair of shoes! for many moons to come!
                Becca

Comment

Good morning!!

Becca .... AND furthermore ... on Sunday night I drove back into town to return the DVD I'd rented at the hamburger joint without incurring the usual "late return" fee. I was ok to drive again!

Might we, in time, become the "designated driver" for our friends?
                  The mere thought makes me clutch my sides with mirth.

Have a great week.

Comment

Working...
                  X