Hello - replied under "pregnant too"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have just read the "hiding alcohol" post and I have to admit that I am having a great big much needed laugh over this. Oh man the tampon box ? tee hee! Ok I have done the suitcase, under the kitchen sink, behind the washing machine, in my hair product kit ? what else. Oh one day I had fixed a pitcher of lemonade because the in-laws were coming over (so frightfully well-adjusted and normal? ugh). So I prepared the lemonade, then got myself a glass with ice, even a cute little lemon slice, and took that glass back to my bedroom and filled it with one of my hidden alcoholic lemonades. So suitably prepared, I go back out to the kitchen to finish cooking. So then my husband comes in with his mom and sister and before I could stop him he is drinking my lemonade ? oops. I?m offering to get him his own glass, but noooo ? he?s saying wow this lemonade is weird ? try this mom! And they are passing it around the room, everyone drinking my thoughtfully concealed spiked lemonade. Oh man. I could go on and on. Whoever made the comment about "closet drinking? There were no closets!" made me laugh right out loud.

I wish I had more time to talk but I have to leave work soon and don?t have a computer at home so will post more on Monday. I think you?re a great group. I am having a lot of trouble right now because it is Friday afternoon and my obsession over drinking beers is already creeping in. I tend to get really drunk one night, feel like crap and so ashamed of myself and almost can?t function trying to hide my hangover the next day. So then I vow not to drink. So then the next day I will struggle through sober and feel so proud of myself and go to bed early. Then I wake up the next day feeling great. With all that energy, what do I want to do? Well drink of course. It?s terrible. I don?t know what to do because I want to stop drinking, but then again part of me doesn?t. No offense because I am positive that it is a wonderful program that has saved so many people so I don?t want to criticise, but I get so tired of AA people because I feel as if they talk like robots sometimes. They all sound exactly the same and say exactly the same things. I need to talk to real people! Not just hear all these phrases "easy does it" and all that.

I wish I could say more but am out of time for now. I?ll post again Monday. Thanks everyone, you sound like just the kind of people I could have fun with while not drinking! Of course if you all actually knew me, I probably would not be nearly so candid so maybe it is better this way.

Welcome Sylvia.

Comment

Sylvia - Your post made me laugh. I can just imagine your horror as your husband and mother-in-law drank your lemonade. Too funny.

Enjoy reading all the posts. There are some really great people on here.

Jane.

Comment

Re: Hell

Sylvia, Oh boy, I would have been sweating buckets as that lemonade was passed around. That is as funny as the story about peeing in the nightstand drawer. Did you read that post? Sometimes we just have to laugh. I mean, this is a really serious disease, but if we don't laugh we lose our human-ness. Is that a word? Well, also, I believe we need to give up the shame. It helps me to read some of the wonderful articles RJ has posted under research. Because I am computer illiterate as my 16 year old son loves to point out to me on numerous occasions, I didn't notice for a long time that if you click on the word "more" under each category that there are actually more articles than you think there are at first. When you read those research articles it is made definately clear that this is a biochemical disease that we have no more control over than cancer. It is not a spiritual or moral thing. And it does take time to gather all the components of the program together and get them working, so don't let it bother you if it takes some time to work. There is simply no need to punish yourself some more. In the meantime, read all the wonderful information and posts, and work the parts of the program that you can. After all, did anyone in their right mind ask to have alcoholism?

Love,
        Adria

Comment

Working...
        X