Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TooMuch's Welcome thread!

Good morning, too much!
    Saw your post at the end of "I've been here a ton lately".
    Sounds like you have identified your want/need to change, like all of us here, and you've made a start. I know, finding the strength to just stop with the alcohol can seem an impossible dream when you don't have any tools or support to do so. We are here. This board has been here for me (as I said, A TON) lately, and I am seeing very positive changes. I'm not there yet by a longshot, but day by day...
    Just keep posting, get acquainted with this website and the amazing people who post here.
    Everyone is here to help. Your story touches me. I will be thinking of you today, and hopefully I'll check back later to find that you are here with us.
    Hang in there. This is the beginning of a beautiful thing.
    Becca

Thank you Becca

Thank you so much for your welcome message; I do need the support so badly, staring in the mirror at myself and just wondering how I got to look so bad; as if I didn't know. I did polish off a bottle of wine last night but I'm going to try to at leaste make it through the weekend with no drinking. Starting off with vitamins/supplements; my plan is to stay real busy with non-drinking kind of activities this weekend. I'll be checking in often. I will try and post my story again not at the end of another thread; just couldn't make it work last night. Thanks again Becca.
    Ter

Comment

me too

I can certainly relate to "how the heck did I come to look so bad".. it's really sad and I have no one to blame but myself. I hope some of these effects are reversible! I look forward to working this journey with you and everyone!!

-Jeannie

Comment

Re: me too

every day my eye bags are getting worse!

Comment

me too

I know that alcohol saps your body of nutrients so I'm hoping that the vitamins/supplements/finally starting to eat normally will help me start to look a little better again; I can't remember what my eyes looked when the whites were white. Thanks Jeannie and pushchair for being here, this is my first night without going to the liquor store. I'm going to try and keep myself busy and rely on the calms forte to get some sleep (I hope).
          Ter

Comment

Re: me too

Ter;

Good job on your first night not going to the liquor store! I know that's hard. In the beginning I thought of every reason to go to other stores near the liquor, just to test myself to see if I could do it. Worked sometimes and other times my friend Heiken invited me in, and Bang, before I knew it I was home with my friend Heiny and we got real comfortable, AGAIN...

Brandy

Comment

Working...
            X