new and need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new and need advice

I woke up this morning and I am ready to deal with it. Many years of truly drowning out my real feelings....I really think that I have not had a successful relationship because alcohol has been my best relationship I've had.
    Well, I see you guys talking about getting pregnant...I'm 39 and that's not been an option for me. I was too busy in screwed up realtionships. Choosing screwed up realtionships because I don't have to truly commit. I could commit to knowing that they would end. Last relationship, alcohol was a factor. Never mentioned between us...but it was
    Now, I have found a decent guy. I think I owe it to myself to be happy in a relationship and not numbed by alcohol and my own truly unfound insecurities.
    advise for starting out???

new and need advice

well! it looks like you're ready to start changing!i'm new too,only found this forum on friday and its brilliant! always someone in the same situation! i've not had adrink for three days but its been very hard and i've just opened a bottle of wine:rolleyes i'm in the uk so its almost 1pm here!good luck and keep posting!

Comment

new and need advice

new and need advise

Hey Pushchair...

Have you read the book? or try the hypnotherapy? I know this sounds crazy....I don't want to totally give up drinking. I want to stop the quanity that I consume and want to stop at a certain point in certain social situations....

Comment

new and need advice

Re: new and need advise

Hi AB,
        I think the best advice is to either go ahead and order the book and CD's online, or download the book right away and start reading it. I think that is only 12.95. Go ahead and start doing all of the aspects that you can, and ask lots of questions to everyone on here on these posts. Also, go back and read old posts, there is so much information. You can learn a ton from other's experiences with supplements, medications, hypno, etc. I think the best thing that helps more than anything is just getting on here as often as you can (I get on multiple times a day), and post, read other's posts and you will find that you are surrounded by an entire community of people who are exactly where you are. We encourage each other, confess to each other, cry together, you name. We tell each other when we feel like quitting, getting drunk and celebrate each other's victories big and small. I feel that in one week, I have found closer friends here than a lifetime of being a phony around others and hiding. It is so refreshing and freeing to be able to be honest, and not be judged. I think as you take time to read old posts and new ones too, you will not see any judgmental people, but rather loving, compassionate and often failing right along with you. Very few of us have "arrived", and most of us are starting out just like you and one week ago were asking for where to start too.

You are on the right track... just stay connected, get the book, ask questions, get on the chat at night... we have a lot of fun. Beats drinking!! (Most of the time) hee hee

Welcome! Allie

Comment

new and need advice

I'm new and ready ...ready for new friends and ready for help sick and tired of drinking to excess ordered and down loaded the book (read it in 45 min) ordered the cd's...got a new cdplayer and headphones and waiting - found website on Sunday did ok with drinking on Sunday & Monday not so well today ...tomorrow is another day - need support group ...AA is not an option - don't need to find GOD as I haven't lost him yet ...if you get my drift - is anyone there?
          C

Comment

new and need advice

hi Table 42

Today will be a challenge for me and I'm new too...didn't drink last night and today I will be in a social setting that does not serve alcohol. I am worried what will happen afterwards. Stress and anxiety are the triggers for me.

Welcome and let strength and wisodm guide us...

BW

Comment

new and need advice

another bad morning (one of many) headache, shakes and feeling of disgust - had a snake nightmare last night so that was a warning on how the day was going to go - logged on the athletic club website and printed list of yoga classess - key word "printed" didn't join and didn't go yet but I guess in my condition printing the schedule is better than not - before Sunday when I found this website you could not talk me into a health club so there's a slight improvement - going to try one of these new supper places today where you go and assemble 2 weeks worth of meals at one time (when I drink I don't eat - can go 2/3 days without food and not notice)

hows everybody else today?

ps beautifulwreck ...what is a "social setting" without serving alchohol - didn't know that was possible

Comment

Working...
              X