X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Valentines Day!

Hey Ya'll,
    Happy Valentines Day, to everybody!
    It's so amazing to me , to be in an actually, "real" relationship, with a wonderfull person.
    I've always been such an "@#%$" magnet...and alcohol has been my best friend for as long as I can remember...
    For some strang reason, my Husband knows me...inside & out, good , bad, & ugly! And he still loves me!! He's even met my "Evil Twin", poor guy!
    Still visiting his Folks down here in Fla., They're really cute, they each had cards & candy snuck in w/ a little help from us.
    This morning at the same time I was sneaking Scott's candy & card into the bedroom, he was sneakin mine into the kitchen.Dissgusting huh?
    Oh well , I've kissed enough "Horney Toads" in my life I think I've earned my Prince!
    Funny I didn't think I even wanted to go out w/him when he first asked me. He just looked too "nice" & clean cut ...not "Bad Boy" enough for me , like the other jerks that have left me high & dry all over the planet! Guess you can just never know...
    Hugs & kisses&chocolate! Judie

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine's Day Judie, I'm glad you finally have your Prince!!!
    Happy Valentine's day to All.....
    I'm spending my day making my kids cupcakes with candy hearts on them and cooking steaks and scallops (my favorite) for dinner tonight with homemade bread and fresh salad, baked potatoe.(yum)...Hubby has an early flight tomorrow so we are just staying in with kids. I give my Husband of 16 years a card filled with 5-10 "favor" coupons in it each year for Valentine's Day! He loves it and looks forward to it each year, lol! Personilized of course! Just thought I would let you know if any are in need of a wonderful gift for the hard to buy for Hubby.
    Happy Sober Valentine's Day to all!
    Tammie

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines everyone!

Hope you all enjoy a day full of love and peace. My husband surprised me with a very thoughtful gift. He gave me a keepsake box from the "Willow Tree Angels" line. It is called "serenity". Inside the box, it says "Calm the soul, free the spirit". He also gave me a beautiful angel made from glass and silver that I can hang from my rear view mirror. She has flip flops dangling at the bottom and has a silver sign that says "Angels are Watching Over You". It's kind of an ongoing joke between him and me...he thinks I should be dead or in jail from all the stuff I have done in the past. I gave him some Marc Jacobs cologne. (I know...not original!). I painted the bottle with hearts and kisses. I plan on making filet mignon and crab legs for dinner. I'm going to try a recipe for Puff Pastry Hearts for dessert. Take it easy all! Gina

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day to you St Jude and ttfme...

I'm new and have the book coming to me...I'm asking a lot of questions now because I'm feeling this program out.

I just read St Jude's thing about her husband. I think alcohol has kept me from functioning in a relationship correctly. I have found a good one now and I want it to work and I don't want alcohol and me to screw it up.

Are u guys drinking moderately or totally do not drink...I just don't want to be so dependent on alcohol for my good times and wonder how other people work on the program...

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day to everyone!
          I love Valentines Day... always have. I too, am blessed with a wonderful husband of 10 years. I was married once before to my high school sweet heart during my junior year of high school as the result of a pregnancy. Seven years and two children later, he just told me one day that he did not want to be married anymore, that he was too young to be committed for life and felt he was missing out, but that he would always love me. (never could quite figure that out). Anyway, it was a devasting day in my life that was the beginning of my turning to alcohol for comfort. I dont know how I would have made it through those next years without my friend, vodka and grapefruit. It became a nightly ritual to keep from crying myself to sleep. I finally began to heal, but by then it was a habit.

Two years later I met my current husband, and after we married, I did not drink for quite a while. He had no idea I had ever had a problem, and I did not tell him. I thought that being married to a wonderful man would "cure" me. It did for a while, but his job involved extensive travel and afforded me the opportunity to pick up the habit again while he was away to soothe loneliness. I hid it for about two years, and then one day he came home and found a glass of wine I had left sitting on top of the dryer. He did not drink at all, so he was shocked as he thought I did not either. In two years, he had never seen me drink. He apolgoized after his shock for making me feel I could never have a glass of wine if that's what I wanted. So I took his offer and began drinking wine. It soon began to get out of hand, and I began hiding bottles of wine under the kitchen sink, under the bed, anywhere to keep him from seeing that I was drinking more than "one" glass of wine a night.

Okay, fast forward about eight years. Due to a recent major move and my oldest graduating and going to college, I have had a lot to deal with since August. A lot of loss. My drinking increased to cope. I have overdone it more than I care to admit, and it has been the source of a lot of contention. My husband is now terrified that I am an alcoholic, so I turned to this website and program for help. He is completely supportive, and knows I am doing this. He is loving me through this, and said he would never divorce me, through thick or thin. Divorce is just not an option for him. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. By the way, he adopted my two children when we married ten years ago. He has been an incredible father as well.

I woke up this morning to a dozen roses on my pillow and three cards, which I have yet to open. I am humbled to be loved so much despite my failures. I told him I would open them tonight, because I cannot work if I am crying! Feeling very tender today, and grateful for all of you, and the love in my life.

Happy Valentines, and HUGS to all! Allie

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

Allie,

Thank you for sharing and how lovely for today of all days. You are blessed!
            As we all are. We just have to open are hearts and find (and except it with open arms ) what we are looking for!
            Happy Valentine's Day, Thank you all for being my friends,
            Love, Tammie

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

lucky you all for getting valentines!
              its at this time of year i feel most lonely! sorry to be a downer!
              :rolleyes

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

Dear Push Chair,

I don't want to sound cliche, but the most important love is truly self love. Totally embrace all the wonderful things about you and celebrate that you are here! You have made a commitment for change. There are so many who have not taken the steps that you are taking now.

When women understand that they need to truly love themselves first before finding love, all things fall into place.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Let this day be about Loving You.

Brenda

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

Nikki is right, PushChair,

I've been on my own now for 5 years after a terrible relationship, and I have tried to use that time to grow up a little more and raise my daughter (didn't think it would be good for her to see me having too many different "dates" as she turned into a teen!). It can be really hard, but having time on your own and learning to value yourself is really important. The one big way I haven't valued myself has been my drinking, and that's what I'm trying to tackle now with MWO, and, I must admit, the lonely feelings are one of the things that have kept me drinking in the past. But this is a great site when you're feeling lonely, and I hope that you'll start liking yourself more and look to us for support when you falter! We're here for you!

We're ALL your valentines! :rollin HOpe you feel a little better and take care!

Kathy

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!

moderation?

Hi Ya'll
                    JUst checkin' in to say good mornin'. Went out for my AM bike ride & watched the moonset, as the sunrose, real pretty. Real cold too! 43* Who'da thunk we're in Fla?
                    Oh, Beautiwreck, I'm trying to moderate on the alcohol. Which is a definate challenge, being on vacation & all. But all in all, I'm doing OK. Drinking some every evening, 3 to 6 beers or glasses of wine, a day.
                    Which is plenty, but at least it's not a 12 pk a day.
                    We return home this Sat. so I'm going to be back to work & back to a more rigorous routine. Wish me luck. I'm really a "Hedonist" @ heart, so moderation doesn't come naturally for me.
                    Hugs & Prayers, Judie

Comment

Working...
                    X