Into week two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into week two

Well, I made it through the first week and am a few days into week two. I haven't had much time to write, but have been coming here to read every day. Have been following the program to the letter, with the exception of getting the tapes in on schedule (they've been kind of haphazard). I have noticed even on the 25 mg dosage of topa that my cravings for alcohol have decreased, which I really never would have believed possible. I haven't had an episode of over-indulging, and haven't had the desire to yet. Can't tell you what a relief this is.

So far no real noticeable side effects, but perhaps those are more associated with the higher level dosages. Also haven't noticed any decreased apetite (darn it) as yet. I know it is too soon to really tell, but I feel so encouraged by this amount of progress. I just seem to have stopped obsessing about getting home to my bottle of wine (or bottle and a half, or two). This past week I've been perfectly happy to have one glass of wine at a restaurant, or even two, and not want more when I got home. I haven't woken up in the night. I haven't woken up hung over. I haven't felt angry with myself for losing control. For a whole week and a half. I really never thought I could do this, and honestly this program sounded way too good to be true. I guess time will tell, but I'm certainly going to follow it through to the end and find out.

I feel really hopeful. For the very first time. Bless you all.

Into week two

It isn't working like that for me, I wonder why. I have been told I need to quit completely. At 3 topa I am having gastro problems

Comment

Into week two

By 3 topa do you mean you are at 150 mg or at 75 mg? Are you taking the other stuff as well? I have no idea why it's working, and my goal is moderation at this point, with the eventual goal of abstinence. Doesn't seem to upset my stomach, but I take it after lunch. Maybe timing makes a difference. How long have you been on the program?

Comment

Into week two

Jd,
        Welcome,
        I too had an immediate effect. By the time I got up to 175 (where I am now, I am almost indifferent to alcohol). This is amazing.

It (alcohol)used to be the solution to everything for me. Even things that werent problems! Lol.
        What an insidious , powerful addiction.
        Thank GOD I am off that merry go round,

Welcome to Freedom!

and keep up the good work!

Also , as everyone here will tell you,
        there is no magic bullet,
        The nutrition, the exercise,
        the meditation/hypnotherapy (especially),

And the change in your lifestyle that results as you put more and more distance between yourself and heavy drinking, replacing that habit with other things that you enjoy and that enrich you as a person....,....
        These are truly priceless, ....

Over time , you put the habit of over-drinking behind you and hopefully the medication was just one of the many tools to help you get to your goal.

But a very powerful one.

Comment

Into week two

Into week two

Thanks Vida. I think it's a very good reminder that the topa is no cure-all, but I was so astonished that it had such an immediate effect. Up until 10 days ago I was quietly drinking until I passed out every night. So now it's on to working on finding healthier ways to spend my time. This week I'm working on incorporating the exercise and getting to listen to the tapes more.

Comment

Into week two

I am on day 5 of the Topa and have noticed a difference. I am still drinking but not nearly as much. Instead of an inch or so of Vodka in my drink now it is 1/4 inch. The thing I am struggling with is I really don't want it but it is such a habit. At this point though I am happy that the amount has decreased. Haven't noticed any side effects (darn, no weight loss) other than being sleepier than usual. I also haven't been listening to the cd's like I should and exercising (been working overtime). I'll keep on keeping on...
            Kat

Comment

Working...
            X