Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudzu etc

Hi,
    I'm hesitating to buy Kudzu online because the only brand I can find is "Planetary Formulas - Kudzu Recovery" which has a bunch of other stuff in it and I'm not sure if the dose is right.
    Can anyone tell me is this the correct product? is the dose right? or is it the wrong thing?
    It contains:
    Proprietary Blend 1.5g: Kudzu Root, Kudzu Flower, Hovenia fruit, Coptis Root, Poria Cocos Sclerotium, Zhu Ling Sclerotium, Atractylodes Root, Codonopsis Root, Saussurea Root, Shen Qu-Massa Fermentata Extract, Green Citrus Peel, Cardamom fruit, and Ginger Root
    Serving Size: 2 tablets.
    I have just got my book and am keen to read it but want to order the supps quick!! Can't get topa yet, so kudzu it is. Can anyone advise on the correct brand? I have to order online.
    Thanks,
    MFM

Kudzu etc

Kudzu

Oh.. an update.. I just found another brand:
    TerraVita on the website wwww.zooscape.com
    Has Kudzu Vine Root Powder 1800 mg
    and Kudzu Vine Root 450 mg tablets..
    and there's sooooo many variations available???
    Sorry to be a pain but it's so confusing
    MFM

Comment

Kudzu etc

Re: Kudzu

I got mine from the Viable Herbal Solutions, www.viableherbalsolutions.com It was difficult getting everything together! Hang in there!

Hugs,
      Kathy

Comment

Kudzu etc

Re: Kudzu

Oh, and re: your other post about getting topa, I wish I could help here, espec since I noticed that you have not gotten replies to your other post. Of course, being in the Eastern US, I wouldn't know squat about how to get topa in NSW! But good luck, Martian! I can say that much!

Hugs,
        Kathy

Comment

Kudzu etc

Re: Topa

MFM,

I ordered my topa from "Inhouseparmacy.co.uk". I live in the US also but they may ship to where you are. Also I ordered the rest of my vistacost...but it looks like Kathy was able to help you with that. I know some people also order their topa from Mexico. I am not sure of that site or if that will work better for you either. I am not sure of the shipping policies for your country.

Wishing you luck,
          Tammie

Comment

Kudzu etc

Kudzu & Topa

Thanks guys,
            Really appreciate your help.
            I'll check out those leads & keep trying.
            MFM

Comment

Kudzu etc

Re: The kudzu question

Yes, the kudzu issue has been a confusing one. Let me provide some history:

By the time I developed this program (intended only for me), I had done significant research on kudzu. I had been following the animal studies here in the US and informal human trials in the UK. I had read dozens of articles about Traditional Chinese Medicine's application of kudzu as a 'drunkenness dispeller.' I was convinced this important herb would be a critical nutritional component of the therapy. But when it came time to select a product I faced similar confusion when comparing brands, dosages, etc.

To be honest, I used two different dosages of kudzu as I experimented with this program--they ranged from 450 mg. per day of kudzu extract as recommended in the book to a higher dosage of 1,500 mg. per day using a blended formula. Frankly, they both seemed to work equally well in reducing my cravings. However, it was difficult to isolate because I had started taking the All One with its amino acids, as well as the other supplements; had begun the hypnotherapy, exercise, medication, etc.

When I wrote the book I felt compelled to err on the side of safety and I worked with a highly regarded and published nutritionist who also believed it was prudent to recommend the lower 450 mg. dose. Believe it or not, this was one of the most difficult decisions I made before going to press. Many people consider all herbs "safe" because they are natural. Clearly, that isn't always the case and I felt a tremendous responsibility when recommending the program to so many other people.

Shortly after my book was published, a groundbreaking human study demonstrated kudzu's powerful ability to reduce cravings for alcohol. An Associated Press article with a brief overview is here and more detailed information can be found in our research area.

In the double blind study, participants given kudzu took two 500-mg. capsules three times daily over a one week period. Those on kudzu drank half as much as the placebo group and reported feeling more satisfied with fewer drinks.

Given such compelling results, I felt it was appropriate to increase the recommendations for kudzu, particularly as we learned that many individuals in the MWO program wanted to opt out of taking any medication. In addition, the study reported no adverse side effects or changes to blood chemistry, liver function and urinalysis--both during the trial and four weeks later. The health care advisers and herbalists with whom I worked agreed the increase in dosage was appropriate.

For that reason, we have since increased our recommendations for short term use of kudzu to 1,000 to 3,000 mg per day but urge individuals to assess their specific health status. Information here outlines special considerations for diabetics, women with hormone-dependent conditions, men with prostate cancer, or anyone with a heart condition.

So, how much kudzu to take? Again, it depends on your situation. You may wish to start with a higher dose when you begin the program and reduce the amount after the initial six week period. Our new product, Kudzu Rescue (which matches the same compound levels of puerarin, dadizin and daidzein as the clinical trial) will be available in 300 mg. capsules and we recommend taking one to three capsules three times per day. The highest dose approximates those levels used in the clinical trial. Lower doses (or no dose) may be more prudent for others.

We'll be unveiling our new website soon at www.mywayout.org and it will contain a navigation link with all program updates and recommendations. This includes information about L-Glutamine and other amino acids. We feel this will be really useful until we're able to tackle a new book release.

As always, talk with your health care provider before starting this program or taking any new medications and herbal products.

RJ

Comment

Working...
              X