Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got Topa

Hi everyone,

I just went to the doctor today and she had not heard of the Topa for drinking. She excused herself to talk to another doctor for advice and came back with a free sample fo 42 pills of 25mg. She did have some caveats to giving it to me...I have to take 25mg for 2 weeks instead of 1 and come back at the end of the 2 weeks, I have to keep track of everything I drink and she wants me to try at least one AA meeting. I told her I wasn't into the whole AA thing but maybe I'd try one.

I've been doing the supplements and cd's for 2 weeks now and haven't really noticed a difference. Hopefully the topa will help.

Thanks to everyone for their posts. I read them all.

Kat

Just got Topa

Hi Princess,

Congrats! You must be thrilled that your doc gave you a free sample! That is awesome! If he/she is willing to do this, maybe you should consider meeting them half way.

I know we don't talk about AA much here and I haven't done it myself, but I have chatted with a few other MWOuters through private emails and some do AA as well as MWO with extreme happiness. You never know.

I have considered trying to find one during my lunch hour since I think it could keep me pretty anonymous.

Many of us here have just found so much resistance from doctors when asking for a topa prescription and you seem to have found one that is more than willing to work with you.
    I would hate for you to loose that.

Give it a shot and share with us. We might all be able to benefit from your experience.

I am so happy for you. HUGS!

-Nina

Comment

Just got Topa

Hey Nina and Princess,

I'm not real good at group things myself (except MWO, it seems ), but, like you, Nina, I live in the DC metro area, and I have a friend who has been to AA and AlAnon in DC. Talk about anonymous. She has seen many people there that you would recognize as members of congress, reporters on national news etc. Because of the anonymity, she would never tell me their names or anything. AA members are quite scrupulous about anonymity, and, like MWO, I think it is a very safe forum to deal with drinking issues.

People's AA experience depends so much on the particular group(s) that you find. Some are horrible and some are terrific. As my daughter becomes more and more independent, AA maybe something that I include in my program as well. I still want to try the moderation thing at this point, and I just feel like a big hypocrite at this point going to meetings because I don't have a sincere desire to stop drinking, just not drink like a lush:x !

At least I'm back to the program now, and feel normal for the first time in a week! Yay!

Hugs,
      Kathy

Comment

Working...
      X