Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone

I am new here

Since my divorce I have been drinking everynight since my divorce.. I did not realize my problem until I did not drink one night and just could not sleep, I crave for drink, after 6 pm I usually start drinking, I finish one litre of scotch in 3 nights.

I am depressed, just saterted taking SAMe for depression, I am broke, lost my business, no insurance, and I am all alone.

Trust me if I had money right now I would just go and buy a bottle of scotch.. NOT that I want to drink, I am just craving.

As soon as I get some money I will get the book, meantime can someone suggest me anything for craving??

I did not ( could not ) drink last night and I am going to keep myself busy with cleaning my apartment so I would not think about drinking tonight..

thanks for reading..

Hello Everyone

Hey Manfr,

Sounds like you have a couple of problems, including drinking and money. Money is a double whammy, with it you can buy supplements or booze...hope you buy the supplements when you get it! Keep writing and posting and reading on the site. There is lots of good stuff here and plenty of support. I'm sort of glad you don't have the money to buy the booze:eek

At any rate, we are all here, in varying rates of success. Write and tell us more about yourself. You can get lots of suppport on the site. I hope you can find what you need here.

I'm sorry about your divorce. I've been divorced, and it was the hardest thing I've ever been through in my adult life. Yet, I can say, a number of years later, that I'm not sorry it happened, and I am much better off. Good things can be in your future, but you have to take the reins!

Good luck!
    Kathy

Comment

Hello Everyone

Hi Manfr, nice to hear from you. I am sitting hear eating wine gums (no wine though so that is okay). Divorce sucks but I am with Kathy for me it was the single most difficult thing I ever went through but many years later I realized that it was the right thing to have happen.

When you get some money please buy the book and the supplements, they really help. Before this program when I tried to stop drinking on my own I couldn't sleep either and it nearly drove me crazy.

Spend time reading the posts as they will help and during the day try and go for a walk if you can.

Take care and stay with us

Yvonne

Comment

Hello Everyone

Hi Kathy and Yvonne

Thank you for your support.

Tonight it will be 3rd night without drinking, wow..

My divorced destroyed my life, I am strong - smart person I know I am broke now but I was self made businessman before and I know I will be up there again.
        I have been drinking to numb myself so I could stop thinking and sleep. During the day I won't touch alcohol so I did not think I am getting addicted.
        First one of my friend told me that if I start drinking I don't stop, I laughed at him, then I realize I can't even sleep without scotch.. So I do have a problem..

I never passed out and I remember eveything in the morning but I regreted saying and doing certain things..

Right now I am craving but I am going to jump into shower and cook some pasta for dinner, I am starving..

You know what I did go to sleep at 2:30am and woke up at 9am but felt better this morning.

I love and hate this life..

Thank you again

Comment

Hello Everyone

3 days already !! Good for you. How many times in the past have you thought you would stop drinking for 3 days, and not made it ? You have already started on your way out.

When we think of alcoholics, we seem to think its the wino lying in the alley, not the businessman or the mother. If you could see what I looked like, you would be shocked, because I look like a total nerd, yet could outdrink half the truckers out there !!

I hope you get the book and try the meds (either Topa or Campral). It is amazing - it gives you the power to get your life back. Meanwhile, keep reading this website, everyone is so friendly, let them help you !!
          You probably feel so alone but after 4 months I feel closer to these people than my real friends, because we are all in the same boat.

Comment

Hello Everyone

manfr10021;

Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. Being here will help. Nobody judges or criticizes our faults. We support the good and embrace the sorrow.. And always keep in mind "we get to do it again".

Hugs..
            Brandy

Comment

Hello Everyone

Perhaps your local library has the book. My library will order books that patrons request. You might want to look into it. Just be sure to return it on time. I never do and have shelled out some ridiculous fines.

Another suggestion. When you have the money to buy the bottle of scotch, instead come to this website and download the book (I think it is $12.95) for about the same price as a bottle. You will get instant gratification and can read yourself to sleep instead of drinking.

I have not started the program yet (waiting for my book) but I did buy Kudzu. I find that I still have the urge to drink at 6pm (like you) but I don't drink as much and I feel like going to bed instead of opening another bottle of wine. I think it cost about $10.

I also think that eating as soon as I get home from work (before a drink) helps. Especially carbs like pasta. And spicy foods because I love them, so it is a treat that I enjoy almost as much as wine.

I recently went through a breakup with someone I lived with and loved with all my heart, but he had some issues and needed to move out (I kicked him out) and work on himself for a while. I think the rocky relationship made me want to drink more. So you know what that did...escalate the problems. I am feeling lonely and depressed right now but it will pass. When I look back on the arguments and tension, I feel relieved. I also feel free to write the rest of my story now that I'm on my own. There's no one and nothing holding me back.

You were successful before for a reason. Deep down, you know that you have some knowledge, skill, talent, or trait that got you there before. Some assets can't be lost because they're inside you. Leverage them.

Good luck!

Comment

Hello Everyone

Yeah the witching hour as so many of us liked to call it. It is a tough cycle to break, but you seem like you are well on your way. Good luck to both of you and welcome!

-Nina

Comment

Hello Everyone

Library book

When I was looking for the book (before I downloaded and printed it), I called the library and coincidentally ended up speaking to the person in charge of purchasing. She found it on Amazon and thought it looked interested, and said she would put it on her "list." So even if the 'brary doesn't have it, they can be open to suggestions.
                  CS

Comment

Working...
                  X