Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new and trying to figure out what dosages on the supps. for now, im not interested in the topa since ive had adverse reactions with other meds. i have been taking the milk thistle, b-50,magnesium and evening primrose (which i found at cvs & rite-aid) for a few days now. i just received the l-glut and kudzu in the mail yesterday. my l-glut is 500mg tabs and the kudzu is 1000mg tabs. any suggestions?
    i did order the book from amazon and loved reading it. there are sooo many things said in the book & here on the site that could have come from my own mouth and thoughts. and i love the fact that everyone seems to have good humor about it. i have been drinking (mostly beer) since 2 days before my 16th birthday (i will be 41 this year) its nice to hear others who don't believe they are a "stereotypical alcoholic". ive had periods in my life where i've just not drank and it never bothered me. ive also had frequent periods where i drink every evening for months and months and months. i never thought about researching for some help and feel like it was a God thing that i somehow??? found this site. in my world it was either admit you are an alcoholic and go to AA or just stop period--no other options. and to me those weren't options. i do so hope that with the help of MWO that i could be someone who could drink in moderation (haha what a term) no seriously as previously stated somewhere on here, it would be neat to have the great buzz of those first few beers before you screw it up and can't stop urself. im all about beer like that potato chip commercial-you can't just drink one.
    anyways, sorry for the long post. im excited about the supps. i hope someone can steer me in the right direction. im also going to get the all one, just don't have the money right now.
    thanks for anyone's help

Hi Escape and welcome,

I am glad you found this site also... I found it the first of the year and have been doing much better with my drinking. I am a stay at home mom and my drinking at home got to be horrible....So for me I wanted to go back to where I would only drink socially at social occasions...out with friends, card nights, dinners out with hubby, bowling league (we live in a very small northern town, not much to do, so these occasions lead to only a few a month...lol) so anyway...so far with this program I have only slipped and drank at home 5 times! Not to bad for 1 month!

As far as the supps, sounds like you have the right stuff... Take the kudzu 3x a day, that will help with the cravings. The l-glut, I take 2 - 2x a day, then keep and extra if I am going out or feel the need later in the day for an extra...I do take everything else as stated in the book. Even the Evening Primrose (even though it is huge :eek ), not sure what is does though. The All One, is a all in one vitamin that has Everything...it is hard to get down at first, but I find that it give my energy and mood boosters!

The Cd's are a great help also, something to think about. Plus the help and people on this site are wonderful.
    Good luck to you! You are not alone!
    Take care,
    Tammie

Comment

thank u so much for the reply tammy
      im very optimistic about the program. everything ive read makes sense to me. and anything anyone says about energy boosters is esp of interest. seems i have zero energy whether im drinking or not. (combination of stress/depression??)
      sounds like you are doing great!! im impressed--gives me more incentive.

Comment

Thanks...but I am nothing to be impressed about or for. We each choose our own goal. Mine is to not drink alone at home..12+ beers in one sitting...hidding beers...I could go on, but you get the ugly picture, lol. I am glad it gives you an incentive though. And yes I am doing good, I finally, after many years of searching found a program that I am actually really giving it my all. My hubby actually said the other day he was so proud of me because he had never seen me try so had as I was trying this time. You know that just makes me try even harder and really startes making me feel good about myself again. The self doubt and dislike of ones self after many years of drinking....I think that has a lot to do with the stress and depression that has zapped our energy. Plus in my case it just made me plain lazy over the last many years. I need to work on that also.
        Good Luck to you, it is time to let the healing begin!
        Have a nice weekend.
        Tammie

Comment

Escape -- Good for you for getting started with this program. Sounds like Tammie gave you the dosages for the supps; they are also outlined well in the book for easy reference. I happen to like the AllOne with OJ in the morning (...kind of hooked actually). And don't forget the exercise! Welcome and enjoy the board.

Gracie

Comment

I just ordered the book, cd's and topa from Medsmex. I found MWO when I did a google search. I hope to get started by the end of this week when I get the shipments. I had no idea that there were so many people in the same boat. My habits have landed me in a never ending cycle of destruction. I also smoke and stopped all exercise a few years ago. I can see the results of my drinking and smoking on my face lately. I have also gained 20 pounds since I started living alone 7 years ago and now I have a secret place to drink alone. It's great that this board exists so you can see success stories and the vets can offer newbies like me some advice. Much appreciated. Good luck other newbies.

Comment

Hey Escape and and mwqv!

Welcome, newbies! So glad to have you on board. Escape, you'll find that you are VERY tired in the beginning. Your body is reacting to the reduction or lack of alcohol in your body. It takes about a week to pass. I was always very puzzled when I didn't drink for a few days and seemed even more tired than before! But it does pass! Then you really start doing better.

If you can stop or moderate, you'll be able to save the $$$ for the All-One in no time!

Good luck! This is a great place to be!

Kathy

Comment

So glad to see you the newbies. This program is awesome!

Be sure to post any questions or concerns you have. You will find that many others will share them/or have experienced them regarding the program, supps, topamax and drinking. This is a journey you do not have to take alone.

Some funny and some not so funny, but never be afraid to ask. We are so glad you are here. Welcome to the begining or your new life.

-Nina

Comment

Guess what MWO?? You have a third newbie! My name is Rebecca (altogether: "hi Rebecca!"). Last evening I had an incident of going from OK to hammered and having to be put to bed by my husband at 9. Kids present. I wish I could say that this is the first... or even sixtieth time this had happened. Probably more:rolleyes . I have to very consciously choose to not overdrink every single time I open a bottle of wine. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it's ugly. I hate it. My husband is at his wits end with my promises. I did, after my 30th bday in september, begin working out. I'm up to 3 or 4 aerobics classes per week so I feel even a step closer to incorporating this program into my life. I ordered the book today after several hours of reading many of your posts. You are right newbie. Soooooo many of the things that people say on this site could have come out of my own mouth?? AA: don't wanna do it. Stop drinking altogether: nope, that doesn't sound good either. Moderation would be lovely, and I feel I can do this program. Can't wait to get started!! Thank all of you reading this in advance for the support. Nina, good chatting with you earlier!

Comment

Hi Rebecca! And welcome!!! Your story sure sounds familiar to me. This board sure gives me comfort knowing I'm not in this alone. Sounds like you are off to a good start! The exercise does help. Just don't allow yourself to ever go to the gym after drinking.:rolleyes Yes, I have done that, and was talked into buying 20 personal training sessions! It did help me physically, but was very embarrassed showing up to my 1st session! Try to incorporate as much of the program in as you can. Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you better! Gina

Comment

Thanks, Gina! No, I don't ever go to the gym after I've been drinking. That's probably because when I start, I lose my motivation to do anything other than get myself another glass of wine!! (kinda funny about the personal training lessons though!) My husband is sceptical that this program will work, because I have paid a lot of lipservice in the past. I want to prove him wrong, and to myself that I can do this!!
                      Rebecca

Comment

Working...
                      X