Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What time do you take your topamax and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recently moved around my dose time trying to optimize it. I am finding I feel alittle yucky shortly before its time to take it. I wonder if this is all in my mind. I am thinking about varying it from day to day based on my work schedule. Is this a bad idea? The book just says "morning and afternoon". That's kindof open-ended. I am curious what others do and have tried. Thanks.

Hey Vida,

I have a kind of interesting work schedule, in that I'm a therapist and self-employed, which often means I work until 7 or 8 in the evening, and I don't start until 11am or 12 pm. I usually take my morning topa at 10 or 11 am, and my afternoon topa at 5 or 6 pm. The later the better for me, since evening was my favorite drinking time, so I like it to really kick in for the evening. In fact, I "slipped" a little the other night and bought a "mini" (a glass-size) bottle of wine and brought it home and drank it, then realized I had forgotten to take my afternoon topa. At least the one glass was no major damage!

I think there is room to "play" with the dosing, and you should do what works best for you. I guess the only caveat to that would be to not take your doses too close together, say not less than 6-7 hours apart. Want to get as much coverage as you can! Hope this helps!

Hugs to you!
    Kathi

Comment

Working...
    X