First Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day

This is my first day taking the All One and the supplements. I will listen to the CD's tonight for the first time. I have a doctor's appointment at the end of the month to try to get the Topa. I'm a little scarred of the side effects though. My husband just walked in and saw me drinking a beer and said " What are you doing!". I think he is expectiing immediate results.

Keep me in your prayers that this works. I cannot do it alone and not interested in AA.

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and appreciate the support that you all give to everyone.

Kat

First Day

Hey Kat

Welcome. You have found a really great place to vent and find support and find out that you aren't crazy. Come back here often, post your thoughts, and read what everyone has to say, it really helps.

Marie

Comment

First Day

First Day

Hey Kat,

Welcome! Hope you have enjoyed "lurking around" and will read and post often. I have found a great deal of support here, often checking in at least twice a day. Sometimes it's embarrassing how much I check in!:lol Anyway, maybe your husband can read the book and learn more about how the process works. I'm sure he'll see some results soon, but he needs to know what to expect or else he'll be disappointed and won't be able to provide the support you need! That won't help either of you!

I wish you luck as you begin your journey!

Kathy

Comment

First Day

Well, last night I did pretty good..only 2 beers. Tonight though a different story. Yes, I agree he should read the book. He's not much of a reader though. I am hoping this will all take effect soon. I listened to the tapes last night and I think I fell asleep but I woke up when the tape ended so I'm not sure.

Thanks for the support.

Kat

Comment

First Day

First Day

Hey Kat,

I've started listening to the tapes during the day because they put me to sleep, too. If you can find the time during the day, I think it's better. Even then, they sometimes still put me to sleep|I , but at least not as quickly . I imagine our subconscious is still getting something out of them though!

Good to hear back from you!

Kathy

Comment

First Day

YOu can do it Kat, I started the supplements and the CDs before the topamax too, and it went well. Its great that you are able to elicit the support of your husband. It took me a very long time to tell my husband, why? I told my self because I was afraid of failure, or that I didnt want him "policing me" but I think it boiled down to I really just wanted to keep drinking --heavily--- if and when I wanted. Anyway,.....Having his loving support is priceless. If you blow it, well so what, you blow it. You dont give up, you just learn from it , and try not to repeat that particular mistake, and move on. Youre lucky he is with you on this... it will be so helpful.

And the CDs are more powerful than I had imagined. In the 5 weeks I have been doing this the only time it has been hard is the week I didnt have them with me.

Good Luck!

Comment

First Day

hi I've never really chatted before, but I think this is important. Feeling desperate for some kind of help I finally found this site. I ordered the book, and bought some L-glutamine, any other suggestions to get started while waiting for the rest. I drink every night until I blackout, and I am so sick of feeling sick. I am a stay at home Mom , and my biggest fear is that I'm going to burn my house down, I pass out with cigarettes alot. Thursday I'm going to get laser therapy for smoking, I wonder if it will help me with my alcohol addiction, I would really just like to cut down to two drinks to start with-and then probably consider quiting all together. Any other suggestions to help me get started?

Comment

First Day

Welcome Brandy2,

I am fairly new to the program....

But I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I too am a stay at home Mom who would drink all day long morning to night....Monday through Friday! Smoke too. I hated that cycle. I hated what I was doing to my kids and husband.

This is a wonderful site. Please take some time to read through it. There is alot of great information and alot of wonderful people on here. Some info we laugh at, sometimes we cry...all in the healing cycle. Take care!

Oh, by the way: I have never heard of laser therapy for smoking? what is that?

Tammie

Comment

First Day

Thanks for checking in and good for you for getting this under control. Are you considering Topamax? It's prescribed off label for smoking cessation, as it can reduce the craving for nicotine. Brenda in the book (not a smoker) told me months later she realized she couldn't stand the thought of a cigar, which she formerly enjoyed on occasion with her husband and friends.

Talk to your doc and see if you'd be a good candidate for Topamax. It may help you get both the drinking and smoking under control. And very best to you as you get started. Please keep us posted.

(Also, remember that all elements of the program are really important, particularly as you begin.)

RJ

Comment

First Day

I'm responding to a response- I am preety hesitant to tell my FP I'm drunk right now, and hate myself, feel like crying- is anyone out there? IU wish I had someone to talk to

Comment

First Day

thank you so much for writing me, I am so miserable-it is around 5:30, and I am drunk. Dr. Phil and I have cocktails everyday at three. The laser therapy is relatively new, it's in Rockford Illinois, I'm not in denial anymore, so i'm going to ask them about alcohol addiction. I'll keep you posted-Thank you so much for talking to me. I feel so alone

Comment

First Day

Likes Brandy2;

Welcome to the board! There are alot of great people and strong support here. Post your availability and what time zone and then we can try to join you in chat. Hang on we're here to help...

Brandy

Comment

First Day

the best time to chat with me is about 8:30am, but I will always at night whenever I can-as usually-no, always-am drunk. This is perhaps the best to talk to me-it is when I need the most help

Comment

First Day

Thanks for everyones response. Question though...how long does it take for all the supplements and cd's to kick in? Granted it has been only 3 days but I am still drinking the same amount. Also having trouble sleeping with the sleeping cd. I don't know if it is the sound or what but I keep waking up. I'm not going to give up though. I've got to quit this craziness.

Kat

Comment

First Day

Hi Brandy 2 and Kat
                              I think it reads like you are in the process of making the huge step to overcome this. You sound so exhausted and tired which I remember feeling so strongly...

I remember reading the posts here thinking 'how can someone overcome this.. its so hard and has such control over my life" and 'can I find the strength to do this?'

I think you can find the strength. This forum which is so open and trusting is quite a healing place.

sounds like this is the beginning of a new stage in your life.. you are here... welcome... its hard, but you are not alone anymore

Brigid

Comment

Working...
                              X